7. Easy Mission

CLING!
CLANG!
BOOM!

A figure flew in the open air before crashing into a stone wall.

" Ouch!" He mumbles wiping some tears away from his eyes as he stood up. His sword was still in his arms.

Gods dammit!

He stood there cursing at Hephaestus as a gigantic metal claw whooshed past his ears clinging onto the stone before ripping the wall out.

The vents under its chin release gas that smells like rotten tomatoes. Its circular eyes flares with vibrant red almost so bright that Percy thought lasers would shoot out of it burning a third eye on his forehead

Fine work indeed if it wasn't the fact that it was on a murderous rampage and the person it wants to kill is none other than the one and only, the next mightiest hero, the most "favorable" among the Gods, the one that Zeus might want to shot down, Perseus Jackson!

About a year and a half ago, Olympus ordered the demigod to be fully trained to remain living with Poseidon and roam on Olympus. Zeus had appointed Ares and Athena as his trainer in the name of the "best instructor out there".

Something that Percy at the time felt uncomfortable about, but had little to no say towards the final decision. After all, any one of them could have to zap him into ashes. Something that wasn't on his life goals. At least not yet.

" Ugh.. what a weakling." One of the gods watching him scoffed and muttered.

" He's just a demigod, Ares." There was a long sigh before Hephaestus tries to defend Percy.

Ares snorts and narrows his eyes. A thing that he does when he's annoyed and overly confident about something.
"Well, when I was his age, I had eight packs already. Look at him." Ares looks toward Percy with a condescending look.

" Well, when Hephaestus was just born, he got thrown off of Olympus and survived." A new voice appears. Athena appeared around the corner with a cup of coffee in her hands.

Humph!

Ares crosses his arms and turns away focusing back on Percy. The boy has finally figured out that flying was not his specialty and that land is. An idea that allowed him to focus more on the swings from the robots attacking him rather than offensive attacks.

The robot was a hard hitter, but one that swings with a slightly slower motion. Something that the demigod had noticed after being sent flying multiple times. His body was all scathed up and there was some blood trickling down his face.

He wipes it away rolling on the ground dodging another slam from the robot. Percy was now behind the robot. But he doesn't choose to attack. Instead, he puts his distance slowly circling the robot as the machine calculates its next correct move.

" Punch him in the back, boy!" Ares yelled slamming his fist down.

" No! My hand is broken!"

" Where's your ambrosia and nectar!"

" You think I survive this long without food!?"

" For father's sake! You're a wimp! YOU HEAR ME? WIMP!" Ares shouted. His face was all red in anger.

" Thanks for the compliment, cousin! Love you too!" He hears Percy shouts back as he stabs the robot in the back causing a small dent in the back.

Hephaestus watches Ares's red face and Athena watching the show calmly with coffee in her hands. He nervously laughs stepping back with his hand up.

"So, uh, when Athena wasn't even born, she got swallowed by her own father and had to watch her mother fade away. I mean if that's not a level of PTSD, I don't know what it is." He gently turns their attention back to their previous conversation.