Prologue

Sally Jackson had died of a horrendous death.

She was in Montauk bringing her four months old son on a nice lovely vacation when an unexpected horde of hellhounds crept up in the shadows.

BOOM was the sounds of thunder striking upon the trees as Sally ran and ran carrying the young Perseus Jackson along with her. 

She knew who they wanted.

Her son was fathered by the king of the sea, Poseidon. His strong scent has attracted monsters from the deepest of Tartarus.

And they wanted only blood.

Running north was her only option since money has been tight lately especially after giving birth to a baby.

Sally knew she couldn't run any further since she was a mortal being. She could only pray to Poseidon for assistance, however, there was yet to be a response.

Rain clashed with thunder fiercely. Clouds roll across the sky. Owls hoot melodically as if trying to calm the storm down.

She held the baby tighter and made a sharp turn as sharp claws try to grasp on her hood. Zigzagging her way through the woods as these large hounds trample down the logs and shadow traveling to get right behind her.

Suddenly she stops turns around glaring at the hounds which weren't that terrifying comparing the glowing red eyes and the droopy saliva down their sharp canine teeth.

" Ha! You could have this!" She yelled throwing Percy's stuffed fish towards the deeper woods.

The hellhounds crooked their heads at the sudden dispersed scent of seafood.

A group of hellhounds trotted towards the stuffed animal tearing it apart and gulping it in one.

And then they hissed at the taste of milk mix with pee and poo.

By now, Sally was stumbling away as fast as possible. Her eyes sparkle as she sees a big house with smoke coming out of it. Smaller houses gathered around a campfire. Just like how Poseidon describes it.

But at the same time, the smile on her face diminished. They had caught up to her. Their breath inches away from her skin. Claws digging into her clothes as they circled near her.

She took a deep shaky breath before turning taking the hellhounds by surprise. Sally threw a punch towards the hellhound's chin before bolting away.

" Please." She silently mutters and prays for Poseidon and any water gods out there for help.

Blood dripped trailed down and her vision grew more and more blurry as rain splashed upon her face.

A wail pierced through the silent turmoil.

Percy was starting to get hungry. Sally stumbles and falls near the property line beside the river. She gently coos and sings to Perseus covering his eyes.

Claws digging into her and a mix of saliva and rain drip onto her hair. She gently caresses the child and squeezed the baby fat on his cheeks before pushing the child into the river.

A loud splash and a woman jump up grabbing the baby before diving down again splashing the hellhounds.

Roars echo throughout the forest.

" His name is Perseus Jackson!" She shouted out. Her hands lingering in the waters before turning around staring right at pairs of glowing red eyes.

And she slightly smiles and jumps into the water. One of the hellhounds quickly picks her by the hips strengthening its grip on her.

Blood seeps out coloring the water red. Sally continues to fight brawling for one last chance for survival. Even if the rest of her life would be in a wheelchair.

The woman in the waters had come back splashing at the hellhound and throwing pebbles and trash at them.

The hellhound opened his jaw larger and thrust his head up trying to swallow Sally in whole.

At the last moment, Sally tried to crawl out. Her hand in the air grasping for the outer source of light. 

She sees her baby at a far distance safely on the other side crying but fine.

' That's enough...that good enough.' She thinks.

A smile appeared on her face before the last light diminished.

Goodnight Sally