Chapter 4

The sharp ringing of an Alarm Clock tore the air.

Dianna flung her hand at it in an irritated manner causing it to tumble off of the night stand, before folding a pillow over her head with both arms. Less than a minute later, Lucaine bombarded into his daughter's room. "Come on Sunshine! Up and at em'!" He threw a stuffed animal at the outline of Dianna's frame underneath the quilt. "Beat it dad... I'm tired.." She replied rolling over onto her stomach with a yawn. Suddenly she felt a cold rush as the quilt was abruptly pulled off of her. Dianna then yelped as Lucaine scooped her up in his arms and marched downstairs, kicking about and laughing as she was carried. "Dad stop!" She said squirming. Before she knew it Lucaine was outside standing over the family's recently built swimming pool. Dianna's jaw dropped. "Dad no.. Nonononono-- MOM!" She screamed as she was flung into the pool like a ragdoll, with Lucaine and Dusty jumping in after her, clothes and all. Cynthia rushed outside as she heard the splash. "Cut it out before you break something!" She called at the back door, watching her husband and daughter crawled out of the pool. Once out of the pool Dianna glanced over at her father, who was still snickering playfully at her, only to shove him back into the pool and march inside, chuckling inaudibly to herself.

"She's rather strong for her age, isn't she?" Cynthia Laughed.

"She gets it from you." Lucaine chuckled folding his arms on the edge of the pool.

"Luce, all the mutations are on your side of the tree. You know that." Cynthia snickered standing up. "Don't make me pull you in here." Lucaine smirked, with Cynthia squealing as he pretended to reach for her ankle.

Meanwhile Dianna was striding through the living room, when she passed Desmond who was sitting at the kitchen counter spinning his dagger on its tip, on the granite countertop. He glanced up at her. "Well, if it isn't my favorite little niece." He said staring her up and down. Dianna paused, clenching her fist, her back turned to him. "Half neice..." She mumbled.

Desmond scowled as he spoke again. "How old are you now.. fifteen?'' He said looking her up and down, and studying her features. Dianna huffed and walked away from him. Desmond stood up. "I asked you a question.." He hissed creepishly. Dianna turned to face him. "I'm sorry, but I have other things I'd rather waste my breath on." She replied curtly. Desmond smirked. "You've got a sharp tongue.. I hear you're strong too." He said pacing around her in a circle. "Let's see if you can prove that!" He roared proceeding to grip her by the arm. Dianna jerked and pulled away from him using her free arm to jut her open palm into his chest and try to fight him off. "You really have grown beautifully." He grunted. Dianna yelped as he twisted her arm behind her back and pressed his chest into her upper back and held her there. "Shame that attitude doesn't match. 'Bout time we fixed that." He hissed into her ear.

Just then Dusty lunged at Desmond, biting down forcefully on his wrist, and pushing him over with her weight and causing him to fall on the glass coffee table and break it. The noise alerted Lucaine and Cynthia, who ran inside to their daughter's aid. The wolf had Desmond pinned, and before Dianna could explain anything that happened Dusty looked up at Lucaine and barked vigorously for about 15 seconds, more vigorously than Dianna had ever heard a dog bark. Never did she lose eye contact with Luciane at any given time during. Once she had finished barking, Lucaine almost instantly leaped onto Desmond and started throwing blows. The two scuffled for half an hour before Lucaine ended up scarring his half brother across the face with his own dagger.  He then forced him outside. "Stay away from my daughter!" Lucaine roared teeth bared, as Dusty rushed to his side barking at Desmond violently.

"Mark my words Lucaine.. I'll make you pay. You all pa--" His sentence was suddenly cut off as a loud metallic clang  was heard behind Desmond. He then fell over unconscious, and Dianna appeared behind him wielding a heavy skillet. "Told you she gets it from you." Lucaine huffed, shuddering as he reminisced on the time Cynthia had used the same frying pan on him.