Chapter 3

As for the human family, Dianna skipped outside one morning to feed her new pet wolf, as she did every morning. However, not everyone enjoyed the animal's company. Desmond watched in disgust as the Now 10-year-old Dianna played with and rolled all over the wolf as if it were a common house pet. "Dianna!" Lucaine called to his daughter. "Dianna! Come on, we have to go!" He said as he and synthia Made their way out of the door. "Coming Daddy!" She called, dashing to his side. The minute they left, Desmond gripped the phone and dialed a number. "Hello, Animal Maintenance Services? Yes, I'd like to report a wild animal living in my yard... is it hostile? Oh yes, very..."

When the family returned, they met the police and a uniformed man with a small gun and a few tranquilizers. Lucaine stepped out of the vehicle, motioning for Cynthia and Dianna to stay behind him as one of the officers approached him. "Excuse me sir, where can I find Lucaine Estelle?" Lucaine held a confused expression. "This is him. What seems to be the problem, Officer?"

"We received a call today about a wild animal disturbing the area." Lucaine shot a glare at Desmond, who stood calmly with the police, his rifle in hand. "It is my duty to inform you that you may be arrested for harbouring such a creature."

"There's no wild animal here!" He said with a comical expression. That exact same moment, the wolf crawled out from under the Estelle's home, with a yawn. "There it is!!!" Desmond hollered, as he and the police raised their firearms. However, Desmond forgot one vital detail. The wolf was suddenly wearing a flea collar. Rather a large one at that. Lucaine stared at it. That definitely wasn't there this morning, but nevermind that now. He had to act fast. "Why this is our dog, uh..." Lucaine scrambled to think of a name. "Uh... Dusty!" He exclaimed. "Yep, good ol' Dusty." The wolf's two pups exited the burrow underneath the home, and stared at Lucaine with confused little faces. "And.. Her.. Puppies!" He added on awkwardly.

The police put their guns down, as Desmond screamed. "He's lying!" He cocked his rifle and yelled again. "That's no dog  it's a timberwolf. If it's not a wolf, why is it so damn big?!" Lucaine's jaw dropped. "Uh.. I um..." Cynthia watched her husband with a sigh, from their Grey SUV. "Hmph... Cynthia to the rescue." She huffed under her breath, walking boldly onto the Scene. "She's a husky mix." She said with a calm yet stern tone, as she reached down to scratch the wolf's head while glaring at one of the police officers who then looked at Desmond with narrowed eyes. "We've been letting her spend more time outside, it's better for her joints. You know how large they get."

"Officers please, I swear that collar wasn't there this morning. Have animal control inspect the creature, that'll confirm my claims." Just as the Lead officer was about to send someone to examine the "dog" Cynthia shot him a serious look. The officer froze. Trapped under the weight on her stare like a deer in headlights, he then said, "That won't be necessary... we apologize for this foolish little ordeal Mrs. Estelle." He said staring at Desmond, clearly annoyed with him for wasting his time. Once the authorities had left, The Estelle family went inside-- well, all expect Desmond who paced back and forth on the porch like a Mad man, while Lucaine and Cynthia conversed.

"That collar wasn't there this morning, was it?" Lucaine asked his wife. "No." She said with a clever smile at Lucaine. "It wasn't. I noticed her constant scratching and bought it for her ages ago, I just kept forgetting to put it on. I had a feeling Desmond would try something if we left him alone with her so I slipped it over her head about 2 minutes before we left the house."

"Clever girl." He said with a malicious yet playful snicker aimed at Desmond, who scowled stepping toward him. "You've made a vital mistake." He said with narrowed eyes. "Lucaine this can't go on any longer. The wolf has to go!" Lucaine gripped hisbrother by collar of his shirt. "If anyone needs to go I think it'd be you." He retorted with a stern huff, almost like the snort of a bull, supported by Cynthia and Dianna, who bludgeoned Desmond with icy stares.