6 - Beach Boys

Heyyy! Happy Reading! I'm dududu-ing these chapters istg. Also, this chapters got cute DNF in it :)

~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴~̴

I love the feeling of sand beneath my feet and in my hands. I don't know why, but it's been a thing since I was a kid. The beach had to have been my favorite place in the world. Whether it was the sound of the lapping waves or just the feeling of cool water on my skin, I loved it all.

I bent over and pulled my pan legs up so I could walk in the water. Dream was standing behind me for some reason. "Are you gonna come with me?" I asked, the water was a little less than halfway up my calf. Dream shook his head and stayed where the water didn't reach. 

Now that I think about it, does Dream not like the beach? We lived in Florida for most of our lives but he always avoided going. Whenever he did go, Dream never really got in the water. 

I frowned and turned around. It was sort of boring being out here alone, I wanted Dream to come with me. I trudged over to the blond who was smoking while watching me. The faint moonlight lit up his face perfectly, making his skin look smoother than normal. Made him look more attractive than normal. It's okay guys, I can think the homies are hot without it being homo.

"Come with me?" I ask, my voice a bit quieter and more genuine than normal. Not my sarcastic, annoying self. Dream shakes his head and takes a drag of his cigarette. I furrow my eyebrows and look over to the ocean. It's dark, it sort of looks scary if I'm being honest.

I reach out my hand, "Please?" I ask. Dream sighs and lets out a smoky sigh. "I don't really like the ocean." He says. I laugh and shrug, "Yeah, I know." My hand was still held out. Knowing Dream and his favoritism towards me, it'll take him about 30 seconds to put out his cigarette. Maybe a minute until he pulls up his sweatpant legs up and then take my hand.

"I won't let anything happen, we won't go far," I promised. Dream narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms. I huffed and put out my pinky. "I promise," I say. He sighs and shakes his head before dropping his cigarette in the sand and stepping on it with the heel of his shoe to put it out. I smile, my pinky still held out.

Dream bends down and pulls up his pant legs so they don't get wet. When he's done, he links pinkies with me and sighs. "I can't ever say no to you, can I?" I giggle and shake my head, "One of your flaws." 

I slowly start to pull him with me into the water. I can feel his hesitance so when we get in halfway on my calf, we stop. Our pinkies are still conjoined. We don't really need to be afraid of physical contact in places like these because there aren't any cameras.

We can just be comfortable with each other, so holding pinkies is a normalcy for us. I sigh in content and tilt my head back to look at the sky. I smile and tilt my head to look at Dream. His gaze seemed to already be on me for some reason. 

"Why don't you like the ocean?" I suddenly ask. Dream shrugs and tears his gaze away from mine and onto the ocean. "I never really liked it, I don't really know why." I nod in slight understanding, if he doesn't want to tell me a specific reason then he doesn't have to. Gotta respect that.

After a few moments of just listening to the white noise of the ocean, Dream speaks up. "Why do you like the beach so much?" He asks. I smile and look at him, still in awe with how perfectly the dim moonlight is able to light up his features.

"Have you ever wanted an escape?" I ask, slowly swaying my leg in the water. Dream tilts his head and nods. "The beach, the ocean. It was my escape." I sigh. I take my left hand, the one that isn't connecting pinkies with Dream, and run my fingers over the surface of the water.