safe and sound

"Well that was fucked." Lux said. There was no reply as the sidemen were currently sprawled across the lawn of the house. JJ was silently rocking himself back and forth, his eyes wide and breaths heavy. The house had been full of worse terrors than the men had thought possible.

"I don't know if hearing your screams made it better or worse." Tobi mused, and Simon snorted.

"Definitely better. It actually brought me comfort to know that JJ was shitting himself the entire time." Simon said, and Ethan laughed, nodding. JJ lazily stuck his finger up in Simon's direction, who smiled at his oldest friend.

"I almost think we should take a breather. Maybe we should just chill for the next hour instead of filming again." Vik said, and while Simon agreed, this was their jobs. This is what they had signed up for, and while it could be demanding, they owed it to their supporters.

"Sorry, mate, but we have to keep moving. The workers have left the house already, and they activated all the lights so it's safe to head in there now. I think we should do hide n seek so Kon can set up the tasks for among us." Josh explained, and Simon stood up, holding his hand out for Harry to grab. He did so with a pout, and Simon smiled at him.

"Whoever gets found first can order ubereats for everyone." Ethan said, and there was a small pause.

"Who's turn is it to seek, again?" JJ asked, and Josh looked at his phone before replying.

"Simon's." He said, and Tobi nodded.

"I'll agree to whoever who's found first is paying for dinner." Tobi said, and everyone nodded.

"Unless it's me." Freezy added, and Lux ruffled the taller boy's hair.

"Especially if it's you."

It was Ethan actually. He begged and pleaded for Simon to walk away, but Simon was adamant on Ethan paying for dinner, considering Ethan still owed him for breakfast that one time.

Besides, he had already pretended to not see Harry, he could hardly do it for two people.

Ethan then threatened to not pay for the food of the last person to be found, which sent Freezy, Lux and JJ running towards the stocky boy. Josh ended up taking the title, after Vik and Tobi were found in a cabinet by Lux, and after Harry walked out of the room he was hiding in to hug Simon. It felt oddly familiar, but it stung Simon's heart just the same as he remembered that there were five different cameras on them, and Harry was playing it up for the audience.

They were out on the lawn again, and it was almost half four. They decided on ordering dinner now which would give them enough time for an among us game before it arrived.

"Simon? Harry? What do you guys want?" Simon was forced back into reality at the sound of Ethan's voice, and he looked up at his worried blue eyes from the gravel they were sitting on.

"Whatever he's having." They said in sync, and they looked at one another in surprise.

"Okay, I'll get you a Behzinga special." The sly grin Ethan gave them shrunk Simon's confidence in him to zero.

"On second thoughts I think I would rather starve." Harry said quickly, and Ethan patted his head before pulling out his phone. Presumably to order the food, but you never quite knew with Ethan.

"You doing okay, Bog?" Tobi had walked over to squat besides Harry, who nodded.

"I'm good, lad." Tobi glanced at Simon as though to confirm, and Simon found he didn't quite know. He never knew with Harry, who could play poker better than anyone.

Harry's thoughts had always been a mystery.