don't go breaking my heart

Simon hadn't considered how loud the sidemen were until he was jammed in the middle of them during carpool karaoke.

It'll be fun, they said.

Jj and Ethan were fucking liars.

"Thank you, next!" Harry screeched, and everyone winced. Simon wondered what Harry was thinking about, who Harry was thinking about as he sung those lyrics.

It was funny, the way things worked out sometimes. Simon watched Ethan draw a dick from the condensation on the window, and turned to face his own window.

"All through the night I'll make love to you." The other boys chorussed, and Simon snorted with laughter, his train of thought interrupted. Okay, maybe it was fun.

"Simon, you pick a song." Josh said as he passed Simon the phone. The spotify playlist looked weak, and as Simon caught Harry's eyes, he knew exactly what song he was going to play.

"If I was your boyfriend I'd never let you go! I could take you places you ain't never been before!" Tobi screamed with laughter amidst the groans, and Simon winked at Harry.

Harry almost fainted.

"I can be a gentleman, anything you want. If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go."

"Oh my God, Simon. Stop singing about me. I told you we are over." Ethan cackled, and Jide groaned again.

"Change it!" He shouted, and Harry snatched the phone out of Simon's hands.

"My turn!" His small hands navigated spotify quickly, a song already on his mind. Elton John began singing.

"Don't go breaking my heart." Vik clapped excitedly, and as Kiki Dee sung, there was silence.

"Who's who?" Jide shouted, and somehow the eyes turned to Harry and Simon, sitting together in the very back of the car.

"Don't go breaking my heart." Harry sung tentatively.

"I won't go breaking your heart." Simon promised in the form of a song, and they stared at each other.

"Dont go breaking my heart." They sung together, and the sidemen applauded.

"Ooh, ooh, nobody knows it." They continued, and life was good.

"When I was down," Harry's voice was oddly calming, and Simon didn't need to think about the next words. They flew out of his mouth.

"I was your clown." Simon was Harry's clown. No one else could make him laugh, or feel as much as Simon did.

"Right from the start,"

"I gave you my heart." Maybe it was true. Maybe right in the beginning, right from the first interaction, Simon's heart was given to Harry.

"You guys are so cute." Ethan fawned over them, and Simon remembered where they were. Who they were.

"Thanks, Ethan." They chorussed, and heat rose on both of their faces. Harry and Simon were pointedly not looking at one another, but no one said anything. What would they have said?

"What should the last song be?" Vik asked, and there was silence.

"You're insecure, don't know what for," One direction autoplayed next, and everyone accepted it.

"You're insecure, you're insecure." Ethan shouted over the lyrics, the tik tok remix fresh in his mind.

The sidemen finished singing, or shouting, the rest of the lyrics, and the car was silent.

"That was fun! Hopefully we get views for it." Josh said, ever the money maker.

"Shit, I forgot we were even filming." Harry said, and Simon wondered if Harry regretted picking that song.