4: Wanting

Evangeline woke peacefully in her own bed. She found it refreshing to be in her home after her time away, but was equally excited to be going back to Hogwarts this afternoon. After her night with Severus, her smile never left her face. Being in his company somehow made her happy and she made it known. She didn't know why, out of everyone, it would be Severus to make her so happy.

After laying in bed for some time, listening to the wind outside her home she finally decided to get up. It was freezing in her house. Shit, I forgot to start the fire, she thought as she slipped her fuzzy shoes on and ran down the stairs, nearly falling flat on her ass. When she came around the corner, she was even more surprised to realize she hadn't chopped any wood. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.... Now I have to get dressed and chop more wood.

She quickly went back upstairs, got changed into a fuzzy number and her heavy winter coat and boots before making her way outside to cut firewood. With being early december ment temperatures have dropped down significantly. No snow had presented itself, but it was still cold enough that the black lake had froze over entirely.

Once she cut the wood and went back inside, she immediately started the fire. As Eve waited for the house to heat up she prepared the kettle of tea and sat down at her desk to begin grading. Before she knew it, it was already nearing time for her to have to head back to the school.

She finally finished up the grading she had been neglecting all weekend, gently sliding it all into her bag before packing her new wardrobe. Before leaving, Eve decided to clean up a bit. Dusting everything off, washing up all the dishes and watering her plants. Once she was satisfied, she sat down at the piano and decided to play a little.

The beautiful sound of the keys echoed throught the house as her fingers gracefully played Fur Elise. Eve was always immensely good at playing the piano, though no one knew. She grew up playing since her mother used to teach piano classes. It had been quite some time since Eve played last. She was always so caught up at the ministry studying, then with taking the job at Hogwarts, there was never any time.

A sudden knock on the door startled Eve from her playing. After a few seconds, she heard the knock again and walked to the door.

"Hello deary! I just wanted to bring you this pie I made before you ran back to the school." Arlene said, passing the pie to Eve. "Oh and your playing was heavenly. I haven't heard anything quite like it since your mother. You're truly talented." Arlene said with a big smile.

"Thank you Arlene, for the pie and your kind words. It really means alot." Eve said back to the kind woman.

"Well, that's all I wanted to do. I hope you enjoy the pie, I made it with lots of love. I should probably head back to the store now. Stay safe would you dear." The woman said.

"Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day."

Eve watched as the woman walked out of view down the path before closing her door. She opend the top to reveal a very delicately decorated apple pie. One of her favorites. She coverd it back up to take with her back to school.

After some time passed, it was nearing 5pm. Eve knew it was time to head back to the school for dinner. She got the rest of her belongings packed and gathered before taking one last look at her home, then leaving. A big smile appeared on her face as she walked up the steps of Hogwarts. Students were filling up the courtyard and playing their own games.

The first thing Eve did upon arrival was head to her chamber to drop off her belongings. After that, she took the pie and headed to the staff room to leave it out for others to enjoy. When she walked in the room, the same man she had seen a few days ago was sitting in one of the chairs at the large table. He looked up at her through the copy of The Daily Prophet he was holding.