Chapter 4: Laying Low

Y/N's P.O.V

After escaping Taskmaster in Budapest, myself along with mum and aunt Yelena head to a small town outside of Budapest to lay low.

We're now walking to a small store with a gas station to get supplies so we can patch up Yelena's arm.

The three of us walk into the store, and look around.

Y/N: If the Red Room is still active, then where is it?

Yelena: I have no idea. He moves location constantly, and every Widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximum security.

Natasha: I just find it hard to believe it could stay off my radar.

Yelena: Well, it's not smart to attack an Avenger if you want to stay hidden. I mean the clue is in the name. Dreykov kills you, and one of the big ones comes to avenge you.

Natasha: Who are the big ones?

Yelena: Well, I doubt the god from space or the spider that can run up walls have to take an ibuprofen after a fight.

I smile.

Y/N: She's right, I don't.

Yelena: Where did you think I was all this time?

Mum goes over to a mirror and sink to wash her face.

Natasha: I thought you had gotten out, and was living a normal life.

Yelena: And you just never made contact?

Natasha: I didn't think you wanted to see me.

Yelena: That's bullshit. You just didn't want your baby sister tagging along whilst you and your son saved the world with the cool kids.

Natasha: You aren't really my sister.

When mum said that I could feel the awkwardness in the room.

Yelena: And other than Y/N the Avengers aren't your real family.

Aunt Yelena then goes over to the counter.

Yelena: Why do you always do that thing?

Natasha: Do what?

Yelena: That thing you do when you're fighting?

Yelena then bends down and copy's mum's signature fighting pose she does in a fight, and explains what she means at the same time.

Yelena: The... like, the... This thing that you do when you whip your hair when you're fighting with the arm and the hair. And you do like a fighting pose. (Laughs) It's a fighting pose, you're a totally poser.

I start laughing.

Natasha: I'm not a poser.

She looks at me.

Y/N: You are little bit of a poser mum.

Yelena: They're great poses, it just looks like you think people are watching you all the time.

Natasha: Well all that time I spent posing I was actually trying to do something good, to make up for all the pain and suffering we caused. To show I was more than just a trained killer.

Yelena: Then you're fooling yourself, because pain and suffering is everyday, and we're both still trained killers. Except I'm not the one on the cover of a magazine, and I'm not the killer that little girls call their hero.

Yelena then walks out.

Y/N: Well, nothing like a loving family reunion.

Natasha: Come on.