"-ME]!"

"Hey! Let's meet again sometime!"

"-AME]!"

"I've missed you so much!"

"[NAME]!"

"Please don't disappear ever again.."

Huh..?

"I promise I'll find you, [GOD NAME]. No matter how long it takes, or how far. I'll cross Teyvat for you! I promise!"

You felt your eyes flutter open, cringing away from the sudden intrusion of brightness. Your pupils focused on the image of Aether's worried expression, his left hand cupping your cheek, and Paimon calling out your name in a fretful tone on the right. Your head throbbed, it was dull, but it still added to your headache.

"I.." you groaned, shifting from your position. You sat up, closing your eyes for a moment before your eyes widened, "Aether, Paimon." your eyes flickered to each of their forms hurriedly. "What.. happened?"

"Thank goodness! When [NAME] touched the Anemo God's statue, Paimon saw [NAME] fall over and faint! We've been worried about you!" Paimon cried, wrapping her tiny hands around your frame. Beside the humanoid entity, Aether lets his hand fall from your cheek, but his eyes still held a glint of concern. "How are you feeling, [NAME]?"

"My head.. hurts. But I'm fine now.." you answered, attempting to stand up before Aether pushed you down once more. "...?"

"Rest," Aether commanded, "Your body's still recovering. What happened?"

You bit your lip. "When I touched the statue.. there was a sharp pain in my head, and I saw it.. the beast. It was fighting with another one, and it was raining blood.."

"Blood?!" Paimon squeaked. Aether furrowed his eyebrows, eyes lingering on your face before his gaze shifted at your forehead, his eyes slightly widening. Paimon floated over closer too, tilting her head with her mouth agape. You narrowed your eyes, looking upwards. "What? What is it?"

"[NAME].. your forehead.. it's glowing!" Paimon exclaimed, holding your face with her palms before bringing you closer to her face for a thorough examination. You yelped at the sudden jerk, cheeks squished from Paimon's hands. "Maybe this is a clue!"

"That's the same markings I saw on the dragon's forehead." Aether mumbled, brushing his hand against your forehead to touch the pulsating marking. It glowed a golden hue, reflecting against the Outlander's fingers. You sat there, dumbfounded, your face slightly red from all the interactions on your skin. You stared into Paimon's own orbs as she traced the patterns on your forehead, which continued to shine.

"Paimon's never seen anything like this before. Maybe the Anemo God is related to your memory loss?" the floating child lets go of your face, to which you began to rub your cheeks from being so sore. Who was that voice you hear moments ago? It seemed familiar.. yet distant. The voice was filled with sympathy and remorse, nearly cracking as if he ( yes, he ) was close to breaking down.

"[NAME]. You're crying.."

You are? Oh. You are. Your fingertips drifted further against the base of your cheeks, suddenly feeling the wetness trailing down your skin, down to your chin before dripping on the ground below. You gasped softly at the sudden feeling, hastily wiping your eyes. You shied away from your friends, embarrassed. You didn't mean too.

"Paimon's starting to think that this was a bad idea.." the white haired child mumbled, watching as Aether helped you up by hand. Your shoulders slumped forward, a frown visible on your face. "It's alright," you assured. "I can still go on. I still want to. I don't need any rest."