・‥...━━━☆ 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋

BELATED HOLIDAYS EDITION

[semi-canon in the future?]

MONDSTADT

       Today seemed more than special throughout the lands of Teyvat. You wouldn't know- curious enough after emerging from your tent to find Amber screaming outside the campsite that consisted of Aether, you and Paimon. You were rather alarmed upon hearing her almost hysteric, but she didn't sound very distressed.

Your otherworldly companion, struck with a bad case of bed hair, Aether, immediately rushed out of his tent placed beside yours, his long weapon summoned within his grasps with narrowed eyes. Even Paimon, who was usually a heavy sleeper, let out a disgruntled whine from inside your tent where she slept snugly in your sleeping bag. Amber had skipped over to your confused stature before pulling you into a joyful hug, leaving you to wonder what had left her in such a mood.

"Eh?" Aether squinted at the close proximity Amber had bestowed upon you, her fair arms perched against the curves of your waist with a grin on her pretty face. "Traveler! [NAME]!" she greeted her dues, unknowing of the bags that settled underneath the Outlander's eyes and wrinkled clothing. You arrived hours ago before your return to camp, having been awake all night long as you ventured the lands of Mondstadt.

You had visited the city of Freedom during its usual luminescent, quiet streets but was surprised to find out that the citizens were very much awake at such a time. Colors of black, silver and [color] were strung up the canopies of inside greenery, and the spirits were nothing but festive. Paper dragon of white and dark grey strung about the tall buildings, hanging from above and rare [color] of flowers you've never seen before sprinkled among the pathways had left you awestruck at the enhanced beauty of the city.

"Amber!" you began, eyes surveying the brunette with careful eyes- slightly shying away from her brightness so early in the morning. The blonde approached the two of you with crossed arms, waiting for an explanation as to why the Outrider had a bundle of energy that was twice the size of her usual charisma. "What's with all the excitement?"

"Well," Amber smiled. "Today's an important event for all of Teyvat! Can you guess what it is?"

"We're both outsiders, Amber." Aether quipped in, eyes blankly flitting towards the brunette when she turned towards him. "We're still clueless when it comes to events."

"Ah, right, right."

Nonetheless of the Outlander's blunt answer, Amber shook the negativity away and pulled away from your hold, clasping her fingers today. "Today's very important because... this is the day the Hundred Year of Terror ended," she looked thoughtful. "During that period, it was said that the Grim and the Creator battled against a creature from beyond that lasted one hundred years, although the Creator fell while protecting her counterpart."

Your chest tightens. Something from within denies Amber's tale, and you try to replace your morphing look into a placid smile. "Is that so? That certainly sounds interesting."

"Mhm!" Amber agrees, "This is why we must pay thanks and give offerings to them during this day. It's a three-day event, so I'm sure you guys will have plenty of fun! Go get ready, I have tons to show you guys. Come to the gates once you're ready, and I'll give you a tour of all the attractions at the festival and good food."

"Paimon heard someone say food!" the white haired child sped out of the tent with wide eyes, her tiny stature in the air before she glanced at the group, her gaze landing on Amber. "What kind of food?!" you laughed lightly in return, shaking your head at Paimon's usual antics when it came to hearing anything particularly edible, despite being edible herself. You were about to return to your tent to get changed when Amber called out to you.