・‥...━━━☆ 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 2

BELATED HOLIDAYS EDITION

[semi-canon in the future?]

LIYUE

        A message from the wind had told you of the proceedings of rituals for the continuous Hundred Year Festival that too, celebrated the festive from another nation you knew of. It was the second day of the event, and you felt drained from the continuous endeavors of countless dancing, eating and having fun with your friends in particular.

The Wind God, Venti had told you himself- about how he was called specifically by a friend of his somewhere in Liyue Harbour, that you had gotten an invitation to participate in honoring the Grim and the Creator. Somehow, you had a feeling that it was Zhongli who contacted Venti. That he was the messenger who passed it. Zhongli, who knew many things that he could not confide.

The mystical lands of Liyue were a much older nation compared to Mondstadt, years of its cultivation grew and evolved over the time under Morax's rule. With glistening towers of Asian styled culture apparent within the harbor. You've met wonderful individuals, who were, close enough people you had managed to befriend when you first came to visit the harbor.

You were already tending to the fire in your current camp just outside the city of Mondstadt. You and Aether had resumed your activities of adventure, trying to find clues as to where the Outlander's sister may be. Though, you also had your duties of part time missions with a few of your other Guild members, most involving Amber, the Knights of Favonius, and Diluc's not-so-secret works during his shifts as the 'Dark Knight' hero.

The townspeople of Mondstadt had insisted that you should bring home some of the delicacies, as you were considered a foreigner in their state. And so, you were slowly heating up the cold leftovers from last night, a soft hum escaping your pink lips. Your thoughts wandered to the happenings of yesterday. When Venti managed to trick your blonde companion into drinking heavy liquor with a proclamation of the liquid being "juice from exotic lands". Though the childish god was more than wise enough to steer clear of Diluc's dark gaze set on him whenever the ravenette approached you with a bottle in hand.

Then, Kaeya's return after disappearing from the Favonius Cathedral's ceremonial church of thanks. Turns out, he had hidden away from the pyro user as soon as church ended, managing to glide his way down and hiding amongst the civilians and passerby adventurers until Diluc's rage dispersed. On the other hand, Diluc managed to please himself during the event, pulling you away from a drunk Venti and managing a conversation of pleasantries. ( most of which consisted of his business as a wine owner... but he did promise to dance with you right after ).

Albedo and Jean had also finally appeared, who found Klee and Diona hiding behind a lone stall with scattered plastic around them. The two children had juice, berries and sweets smeared across their lips in a messy way; their hands also sticky and coated in berry juice. Albedo looked worn out and seemed like he was ready to go to bed. You merely laughed and patted his shoulder out of reflex. The alchemist took your gestures as pity and pouted, turning away from you with a somewhat displeased look in contrast of his usual pensive gaze.

"Good morning." ruffles from behind you brought you back from your thoughts, looking over your shoulder to see Aether gazing at you with his usual monotone look, though it had gotten softer when you offered a warm smile of your own. You tilt your head, before turning your attention to the fire. "Good morning, Aether."

He grunted in reply, taking a seat beside you on one of the logs placed around the camp, surrounding the fireplace. The Outlander relaxed his shoulders, hunching over as he watched your diligent fingers grow the fire with twigs and sticks you found around the campsite. Thankfully, there were plenty of them.