"Moving in" - Chapter two

Riding up to the house seemed a lot harder than I had remembered, the small hill was steep and piled with pebbles as well as gravel which was much easier to access on my old bike . The Chevrolet wasn't going to be defeated easily as I had finally made it to the top . God the view was beautiful. Shutting the car door, I was met with a horizon of green fields and the taste of the salty sea air that surrounded me in my new humble abode . Ah , it was good to be home.

After a few or so minutes of peace , I was disturbed with the sudden sound of an engine . It wasn't of a car as it's roar was quite small, it had to have belonged to a bike. Well that's odd, I thought to myself. I knew I had a neighbour however I was told he was an old man who lived on his own , he couldn't possibly be riding a bike like that . I slowly made my way down a little cut that was hidden between a few trees , this connected the two houses together . The sound of the engine got louder and louder as I approached the cause of it. My eyes darted to the culprit only to be met with a man , not much older than I was. He had dark hair that sat just above his shoulders and quite a strong physique , which I could only guess from where I was standing . I must of stared at him for only a few seconds when he finally looked up and jumped at my sudden presence .

"Oh my god." He gasped , finally turning off the engine .

"I'm so sorry , I didn't mean to frighten you." I replied , giggling just slightly .

"No no, it's ok . You just gave me a fright that's all." He smiled as he made his way around the bike and towards me . I played with my hair a bit to sort out my appearance , honestly he was a lot more prettier up close. I was taken away by his looks which was quite a rare occurrence for me .

"I just moved in next door , I didn't know I had neighbours!" I lied .

"Oh well hey , I'm Michael." He held out his hand and I shook it letting out a small smile .

"Well Michael, my names y/n." I answered moving in closer towards him.

"Well y/n, you here alone?" Michael asked.

"Yeah it's just me, my folks helped me move some stuff last week and now I'm sorting the rest out on my own." I replied suddenly realising I was in a messy black shirt and baggy jeans that were covered in paint. I didn't want to show him that I was bothered but god this was my first impression to Michael and let's just say I could have done better.

"Oh , that's quite big. I moved here with my family not too long ago, it's my grandpas house we're just additions to it..." He paused and shook his head. "That really made no sense , did it?"

"In context no , but I got the idea." I laughed sheepishly.

"Well, if you need a hand you know where I am . Just come over whenever you need me." Michael made his way back over to his bike and started the engine once again.

"Thank you!" I shouted , smiling and waving at him.

Smiling back , he nodded and took off down the hill on his bike .

I turned around and made my way back up to the house , all I could focus on was the new neighbour who'd offered to help me out. Michael ...