01. reunion

"do you have a girlfriend now?"

CHAPTER ONE,
REUNION

when she was 2 years old, she asked her mother about her dad, and her mother replied with,
"it's my fault too for not stopping him, but he has his dream to chase, so i let him go."

of course the 2 year old won't understand what it means, she looked at her mother with confusion on her face and her mother just laughed.
"one day i'll tell you more. now, you have me, grandma and grandpa. one day you'll meet him okay?"

and she replied with a simple "okay!"

when she was 6, the girl loves asking her mother about new things.
and one day when they were hanging out together in their living room, she asked about her dad again.

her mother smiled. "his name is oikawa tooru."

she tried to process the name because she believes she had heard it somewhere.

"isn't that the argentina's team volleyball player?"

her mother nodded. she knows her daughter had known about him before, according to the player's popularity, he's a well known man.

and the shines in her eyes showed it all. she doesn't look mad at all about his dad leaving them, instead she's proud of him. he did it, he finally chased his dream.

"when can i meet him, mom?" she asked full with excitement. she believed her because she knew her mother would never lie to her.
her mother grinned and pinched her cheek softly. "one day when we have some extra money, we will meet him. or you can study well and meet him," she replied, ended her words with bopping her daughter's nose.

"the well known argentina volleyball player, oikawa tooru has decided to retire from the volleyball world at the age of 30. from now on, he will be continuing to coach Montpellier Volley Université Club."

present time, oikawa akari is now 15 year old, she turned 15 in early may. just like other students, she and her other friends walked out from the school gate. her house is just 15 minutes walk away so she doesn't have to take the train.

15 minutes walk isn't that bad.
"oikawa!" a voice called her from the behind when she's already outside the school gate, getting ready to go home.

she turned her head to see who's calling her, it was her close friend, miyano mayu. they've known each other for 4 years, mayu transferred to akari's middle school when she was 12.
"don't leave me akari-chan!" mayu whined.

"i'm sorry, i thought you have basketball practice today?" akari apologized.

"yeah, but aoi-chan postponed all practices to next week so i'm free today and tomorrow," mayu explained. it's either that her captain is busy or just lazy because that's just how aoi is. akari nodded in response.
seeing her friend only replied with a nod, the raven pouted.