EPISODE 2: CURIOSITY OF LUNA

SCENE 1

SCENE 1

INT. ELEFTERIA

KINGDOM OF STAR

DAYTIME

ASH'S CHAMBERS

Ash was looking through papers as Aries came in. Dressed in his hunting outfit, Aries looked at his son.

Ash: How may I help you, your majesty?

Aries: I told you to address me as father.

Ash: You're the king, and you're in the process of your duty. It's not right to address you as my father.

Aries: I give you my permission.

Ash looked a bit annoyed.

Aries: Why are you always so annoyed with me? What am I doing wrong?

Ash: Really? You're asking me that?

Aries was clueless.

Ash: When was the last time we did anything together? You're always so occupied. You never have time for me. Ever since Rain united and left for Venus, I've been all alone.

Aries: Your mother and I spend time with you.

Ash: Mother does, not you.

Aries looked at his son.

Aries: I have an entire kingdom on my shoulders. I'm trying...

Ash: Yes, that again...

Aries kept quiet.

Aries: I have a request...

Ash looked at Aries.

Aries: I need you to go get Serena.

Ash: Wonderful, that nature-loving elf.

Aries: She's not an elf. Do not speak of her in that manner. She's the heir to the throne of Jupiter and the second heir to Elefteria.

Ash: Yes, the threat to my throne.

Aries looked at his son more cautiously as he remembered how he referred to his brother.

Aries: Ash, I don't know what's happening to you, but I hope this irregularity changes soon.

Ash: Right, blame everything on me.

Aries: I'm not blaming it on you. Stop acting like a little boy. You're a Guardian for crying out loud. You're the crown prince, and you have a father who's genuinely nice and patient, despite your whiny little tantrum. Something I never had!

Ash: There's the Aries within you.

Aries cleared his throat and gathered his thoughts.

Ash: Maybe that's your problem now, isn't it? Being genuinely nice? Kings don't have time to be nice or be good fathers. They have a kingdom to run. Kings do not have friends, for when having friends, one grows weaker.