CH. 1

"Welcome back, Lord Lee

"Welcome back, Lord Lee."

The young man walked into his massive office. His black hair is combed tidily and parted in the middle, just enough to leave a gap in the middle of his forehead. He's wearing a three-piece black suit along with a green bow necktie. 

He is well known as the youngest person to ever completely rule the government- he himself is the government. He's only 22 yet the standards he set is already remarkable enough for people even the older noblemen to look up to him.

His name is Mark Lee, the eldest son of the four Lee brothers and the man who had everyone shocked because of his achievements. He is the director of the military department, having full control over the Neo Armed Forces.

He has three younger brothers. The first one is Lee Jeno, the second son. He works in the Military Intelligence, only being commanded by none other than his own brother. Next is Lee Donghyuck, the third son. He works alongside with Mark in the royal navy as the general captain. Lastly the youngest, Lee Heeseung. He works in the army as the general major. 

The four of them are the most influential figures in Neo Royalty. Not just that, they were also known as the Marquesses of Mortshire from the North. They were always ready to fight for what's right, which was freedom and peace.

Mark tapped his fingers on his desk, waiting for his brother. Soon enough, a tall man with grey suit entered the room. His hair was styled and combed tidily, perfecting his looks.

"You called me here, brother?" 

Mark nodded, smiling at him. "Ah Jeno yes, I need you to help me find someone."

Jeno raised an eyebrow, "and who exactly is this someone?"

"Son Hyunjoo. She is the primary suspect for Princess Jihye's death. I got a direct order from the King to find her."

The death of the Princess pretty much shaken almost the entire country. She was a lovely young woman. But her life was taken away by a single bullet pierced through her heart.

Mark showed him a picture of the girl. She was wearing black sunglasses, a large fedora, and red dress. She was spotted casually walking near the Bloomstone Palace a few minutes after the Duchess was found dead in her bedroom. 

Jeno hummed, understanding his brother's command. "Very well, I will be doing a background check on her."

"Oh Jeno," Mark suddenly said, stopping Jeno from leaving the room. "You might need to step into action this time, not just background check. We need to get the murderer as soon as possible."

"Alright."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚

"Haneul, it's about time you made an appearance."

Haneul snickered, looking at the girl in front of her in pure disgust. She put her phone back inside the pocket of her trench coat, taking out her gun. "Oh shut up."

It was 9pm and the two were standing in the middle of a dark alley deep in the 21st district; the forbidden district. This area was strictly out of reach by the government. But 

"You know," the woman said. "I was anticipating for you to come here."

Haneul rolled her eyes. The person who stood before her was none other than the girl who has been very desperate to kill her- Shin Seoyun. She was an assassin who was hired to kill her. But it was a hard mission, nearly impossible even. 

The only thing that bothered Haneul was that she didn't know who hired Seoyun. 

"So you're just gonna stand there or you're gonna kill me?"

Seoyun laughed hysterically, looking at her with an unbelievable look on her face. "You have a brilliant sense of humor,"

Seoyun who was leaning on the wall, stood up. Walking towards the younger girl, she flashed her a smirk. She took out a knife from her pocket and Haneul immediately reacted, grabbing her hand by force, pushing her body to the wall. 

"Calm down, I won't kill you today." 

"Even if you try, you won't succeed," Haneul spat.

Haneul then let go of her, remembering the reason she came here in the first place. Seoyun had asked her to come here because she had something under her possession that Haneul might want. 

Something she has always wanted.

"Where is it?"

Seoyun grinned, pointing her knife towards Haneul's neck. "Calm down, tiger."

"I have no time for your bullshits, now give me the fucking necklace."

Seoyun took the emerald necklace from her pocket, showing it off to the girl. Haneul directly snatched it away from her hands, putting the necklace inside her pocket.

"You're right, I can't kill you now. But that doesn't mean I won't."

Haneul smirked, turning her body around. "Well then I'd like to see you try."

It's quite funny how the two were actually the same age. They weren't exactly enemies, they were on a similar line of work just not on the same side. 

"Until next time then, Jung Haneul."