CH. 17

The man sat on his desk, room dimly lit by the vintage lights around his office. His table was tidily arranged, papers right in front of him along with a glass of whiskey. Taking out his cigarette, he quickly lit it up before taking a hit.

The evening was quite pleasant, he did not have much to do other than run some errands. He was proud of his achievements as the boss of Noir Mafia. He leaned his back against his chair, blowing out his cigarette.

Unfortunately for him, his moment of silence was interrupted by a sudden knock on his door. 

"Come in." He called, fixing his seating position.

The door soon opened, revealing the main money maker of this organisation. Wonwoo cocked an eyebrow, not expecting the executive to pay him a visit in the evening. "Haneul, what brings you here?"

"Boss, I'm here to ask for your permission." She spoke rather impatiently. Wonwoo nodded his head, playing with the tobacco on his hand. "And what would that be?"

"A sacrifice. I know how much you treasure this organisation," she started, eyes meeting his pair of sharp ones. She knew how well calculated Wonwoo was, he always made sure his every move was the best possible move. "But I believe, perhaps by doing this sacrifice we will get a bigger profit at the end."

Wonwoo nodded, continuing to blow out the cigarette. "Sounds intriguing."

"But I can't tell you what it is."

"And what may be the reason to that?"

Haneul pursed her lips, lifting her head slightly to make herself look more confident. "Because you won't allow me if I tell you."

Wonwoo stared at her with a blank look as he continued to blow out the smoke. He knew that she was not an idiot, she was just as well calculated as he was. At times like this, when she began to get even harder to read, he knew she had ran out of other routes.

"Very well, you have my permission."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Jeno fluttered his eyes open, staring at the blank ceiling above him. He was taken to this hospital room two three ago, making it his fourth day of his stay here. The room was actually lavish, his brother made sure he stayed in the most exclusive VIP room.

He looked down, staring at the book on his hand. Reading was the only thing he could do to kill time as he was not given the permission to go out yet. 

"Lee Jeno," called his brother as he walked inside the room. He was wearing his usual attire, a three piece suit. Jeno thought he was beginning to go insane if he stayed here longer than a week, considering that he was a workaholic. "How are you feeling, brother?"

"Never better. When can I be dismissed?" He urged. 

"In a few days." Mark said, earning a sigh from the younger sibling. "It's been three days, do I really have to stay here longer?"

"Jeno it's only been three days. I presume it's your job you're worried about?" 

Jeno closed his book shut, setting it aside as he looked at his brother with a miffed look on his face. "Yes, bloody yes it's my job I'm tormented about."

Mark let out a deep breath, nodding his head. He did not want his brother to get involved in the same situation again, but the possibility of that happening again was very likely. "Two days, just two more."

"You're onto something, what is it?" Jeno questioned, now suspicious of the reason his brother kept him here. This was not the first nor the second time he got shot. But this was the first time he was held captive inside the hospital room for this long.

"Jung Haneul," Mark spoke, feeeling a lump forming in his throat as he mentioned her name. "She has been missing for quite a while now."

Jeno frowned. "Don't you have her under surveillance?"

"We did. But somehow she managed to slip out of it. We don't know her current location."

"Since when has she gone missing?"

"Since the day you got shot."

Jeno licked his dry lips, trying to think of a solution. He knew how Haneul was, though they were not close, he knew how she acted. He imagined Haneul to be a person who always had a reason to do even the simplest things, her every move had already been calculated carefully. Hence he though this was the same.

"And you're just telling me this now?"

Mark shrugged, "you're hurt. I can't possibly let you go out and find her."

"Pardon, I was," he corrected. "Get me out of here today, then I'll get her under your surveillance again."

"So you know where she is?" Mark raised an eyebrow. "No,"

Jeno looked at his brother straight in the eye. "But I know she will come back once I'm out of this place." 

a/n hi i can't put the banner atm but let's js pretend it's here for now b4 i edit it tmrrw:)