CH. 19

The sun was blazing, crisp air brushing past the thick layers of the coat

The sun was blazing, crisp air brushing past the thick layers of the coat. Just plainly standing there with hands inside the pocket, mind serene yet awaiting for something big. 

As she stood facing the orange sun, she held a wine glass in her hand. Watching the sea waves crashed against the rock beneath her, taking a sip of her drink. The magnificent restaurant was located in the seventh district, the only district that had direct contact with the sea. 

The young woman was only there to enjoy a lovely booze while enjoying the beautiful scenery. 

She took a quick glance at her watch, noticing that it was almost time soon. But she did not mind, she knew that this tranquility would only last a while.

He then got a message from her fellow executive, notifying her about an urgent matter. But she did not budge, she remained on her position as she enjoyed the fresh breeze and extravagant wine.

Curving a sly smile, she did not even need to turn around to notice that a man was approaching her. She spun her glass in her hand, watching as the liquid moved. "Pleasure seeing you here,"

She turned her head to look at the man beside her. He was wearing a dark blue uniform over a white shirt, along with a matching trouser. His badges was utterly displayed, the golden buttons on his uniform made his look more posh.

"Lee Donghyuck, the navy general captain." 

The Royal Navy was located outside the city, but they had their secondary headquarters here in the seventh district. It just happened to be Donghyuck's visiting day to this base, and he just happen to be having a feast along his comrades.

"Jung Haneul, the pleasure is all mine. I say, what brought you here?" Donghyuck asked.

Haneul shrugged, "to enjoy a drink."

"Well I almost thought you're here to see me," the male chuckled, taking a sip of his own liquor. "I suppose everything is going well with my dear brother?"

"Well if you consider me shooting him last week was adequate, then yes." 

Unlike his brother, Donghyuck found Haneul in some how amusing. She was sarcastic yet forward, much like himself. "I must say, that is expected from a mafioso. Furthermore I believe you are the executive, am I correct?"

"Precisely."

The sedate atmosphere was interrupted by a sudden call in which the male received. Abruptly, he excused himself to answer the call. Haneul had an indifferent look on her face, eyes still wandering around the horizon.

The male soon returned with a heavy sigh. He clicked his tongue, staring at the young woman beside him in bewilderment. "You knew, didn't you?"

Haneul turned her heals, now facing the terror-stricken man. "Did he make it?"

"Barely. Multiple shots on the—"

"Chest?" 

Donghyuck felt a lump in his throat, struggling to let out the words he wanted to say. "Yes. So you did know."