CHAPTER THREE: Back to the Present

~~~Kanzie's Point of View~~~

"Oh you mean that deal!!" I say hesitantly.
"Yes smart ass I mean that deal!" Holly sarcastically responds.
"I swear I just said it to comfort you, I mean did you actually think I would date someone. Oh my goodness even that sounds wrong in my own mouth." I say mockingly and truthfully trying to escape.
"Wow! You're very funny Kanz but I know it will come to you with time and I will remind you of this very day madam." Holly says walking away like an angry flamingo.

*After School*
"Hey dad."
"Hey kiddo how was school?"
"Well it was something considering the fact that Holly and I made a deal and I can't fulfill my end of the bargain." I say while resting my legs on the sofa.
"What was this deal all about if I may ask?" Dad says while taking a sit next to me.
"Trust me you actually do not want to know!" I say hopping he doesn't ask.
"Well I asked did I?"

*sometime later*
I explained everything to dad and he did the obvious laughed then gave me a daddy speech about friendship and understanding each other, I couldn't tell if he was siding or not. At this point I don't think am dating material and the boys at my school are jerks, weirdos, freaks, perverts and much more, besides not everyone is relationship martial for example me!!

After dinner their was a knock at the door, it's too late for visitors and besides who would come this late at night?
"Is that a knock?!" My dad asks in curiosity
"Let me check who it is, maybe its Holly here to give me a pep talk." I head to the door and open it. To my surprise Its not Holly, but a friend of my dad's I think am not sure.
"Is your dad home?" The stranger at the door asks.
"Yeah he is, DAD ITS FOR YOU!!!"
I shout out for him and let the stranger in, how dumb heh anyway its not everyday someone comes looking for your father who barely has any friends (silent chuckle). Am kidding.
"Kanzie you don't let strangers into the house!" My dad's voice creeps up from behind me right after he looked at the man on our cough.
"Stranger huh is that how you treat an old friend?" The man responds with a little bit of hurt behind his tone.
"What do you want Rodgers?" Dad says going straight to the point.
"Am here by the order of the Governor." The man responds with a business facial expression.
"Kanzie go to your room." Dad orders.
"Why?!" I try to revolt against him.
"I SAID GO TO YOUR ROOM!" He yells.
I stand up with rage and walk to the stairs, I go all the way up to my room and sneak back to passage to ease drop, my dad never yells so I'm curious why he doesn't want me there so bad.
"I retired years ago and we made a deal I am never coming back!" My dad says with dismay.
"Once in the army always in the army Cliff I thought you knew that." Mr Rodgers says patiently.
"Look I have a kid I can't just leave her alone." My dad explains
"She's old enough to take Care of herself, and besides you won't like it when the boss comes here himself, you know what that means" Mr Rodgers says trying to intimidate my father.
"I will think about it."
"He wants his answer today." Mr Rodgers adds with a slay smile.
"Fine I report to base Immediately." My dad says defeated.
Wait what! His leaving, I can't lose my dad I mean I already lost my mum I can't lose him too. As soon as I hear Mr Rodgers leave and I decide to confront my father because there's no way he can just up and go.
"You can't go!" I say with my voice breaking to bits and pieces. Who knows if I'll see him again?
"I thought I told...." I interrupt him
"No! No! Dad no! We were supposed to be a team remember! You can't go! I can't lose you too! I just can't!" I couldn't hold back the tears and they just roll down like a stream.
"Well its my life Kanzie and I can do whatever I please and you will never disobey me again you hear me?" He says with zero sympathy right now. Is he seriously considering going back to THE ARMY??
"To hell with that!" I say while hurrying to my room, I lock the door behind me and fall face flat on my bed and cry.
A few hours before my dad went to bed he come to check up on me but I couldn't open the door am too heartbroken to even face him. I can't live like this, I will ran away! Yes I will ran away! I start to pack some clothes and a few essentials in my bag pack and then I wrote a note to my dad. I sneak out of my room and sneak into my dad's room and get all the cash in his wallet, my dad moves with a lot of cash so it will sustain me till I figure out another plan. I leave the note and sneak out, I grab my car keys and leave.