CHAPTER SEVEN: Not so bad

After recent events am thinking of a way to sit and have dinner with him without making it extremely awkward for both of us! I can't stop thinking about the fact that he knows how I look without clothes on. I decided to wear grey Nike sweatpants and a matching hoodie with white warm socks and I head out taking a deep breath right before turning into the living room.
...
"Kanzie!.." he says scratching the back of his neck, "I didn't think.. You would join me after.. umm.."
"Don't say it let's just eat and no word about what happened." I say trying to lighten the mood meanwhile I'm so embarrassed right now.
" I think we both agree when I say we need a do over." He says taking a seat across from me.
" Hi I'm Kanzie the girl you just saw naked. " I say trying to tease him besides it's not like we could just forget it happened.
"Hi, I am Mark the guy who didn't see you naked because I closed my eyes."
"Yeah sure you did." I raise an eyebrow.
Away from this weird conversation, the food looks amazing he made steak and it looks juicy with a side of roasted veggies and small portion of white long grain basmati rice. I take a bite allowing myself to feel every inch of goodness hiding in my plate, I didn't realize how hungry I was until just now.

" I must hand it out to you because the food is really delicious." I say trying to strike conversation.
"Thanks its my own recipe and I'm glad you like." he says sipping on his glass of red wine.
"For a guy you're really talented but am better." Of course his cooking is good but I'm sure I'm way better than he is.
"I  will take that as a compliment."  He smiles shyly
"So what other hidden talents are you hiding underneath Mark?" I ask while taking a bite of the steak
"You will have to stick around to find out princess." he shoots a smile at me.
"I'll pass can't stay for long I'll have to leave tomorrow anyway."
"And where are you heading?"
"Don't know yet I'll just keep driving hopefully cross the border." I say with a small smile as the thought of why I left creeps in and I hope he doesn't pry around it.
"I understand that feeling." he says, am glad he didn't pry

...
   After dinner we did the dishes and watched a classic sitcom called friends, it always cracks me up and it was amazing to finally laugh after a while  and Mark made popcorn. I guess dinner wasn't that bad after all. I must admit Mark isn't too bad either could get used to this but I can't my heart's been broken by the first man who truly loved me, the thought of causes the smile on my face to fade.
"Are you okay?" Mark snaps me out of my trail of thought
"Yeah just thinking." please don't ask about what.
He studies my face for a bit before nodding and turning his attention back to watching friends, it's a mystery how he knows not pry on things and grateful he doesn't, after watching the whole of season one we finally call it a night.