CHAPTER EIGHT: Maybe just maybe

---Kanzie's Point of View-----
      I woke up early today and I packed my things ready to go, I didn't want wake Mark up because I have feeling his going to want to come along with me and I can't afford to be vulnerable right now. As I walked out of the door I bumped into Mark, just what I was avoiding, damn!, think Kanzie.

"Good morning to you go-away-girl!" he says looking at my bag
"Hahaha.... hmm... bey funny!" I say awkwardly God I need to get a grip of myself.
"Where are you heading?" he asked with an eyebrow arched.
"I'm not sure yet, but I will find my way and thank you for everything Mark I mean it and I will try to pay you back." I say finally shutting the door to his room.
"Can I come with?"  This is exactly why I didn't want to wake him! Nice job Kanzie now what do you do?
"Uhm..... Excuse me?" I ask while trying to think of something
"I asked if I could join you on your little run away mission." he says crossing his arms
"I know what you asked I just don't understand why you would want to come with me, I mean it might be dangerous and who knows what if I don't plan on coming back?"
"Firstly, I can't let you go on your own because it's nice having you around and I've gotten used to seeing you, secondly like you said it might be dangerous therefore I can't let you walk into a fire, thirdly there's nothing holding me back and to be honest Kanzie I just need this road trip as much as you do."
"I will be fine Mark and I can handle danger then about you getting used to being around me I don't think that's possible we've only been together for two days, you take another road trip."
"Really you sleep in drive ways and you think you will be safe, and also it's possible don't know how but it is and am living proof. Please Kanzie let me come with you!" He says giving me his best puppy dog eyes.
"You really won't stop till I agree?" I asked with an arched eyebrow.
"Its yes or we both stand here playing this game till you give up. Besides I don't want to go on a road trip alone I want to be on the road with you." Damn this boy has me overthinking.

       Oh well what do I have to lose anyway besides I could use company to avoid thinking about my dad, and Mark isn't that bad his tolerable.

~~2Hours later~~~

"For someone who wanted to travel alone you do sleep a lot." He gives me a weak smile as I emerge from my slumber.
"For someone who loves tagging along you surly do have a big mouth." I say with a wink
"Too shay... So tell me why are you hitting the road? I mean people don't just run away from nothing there's always something or someone we are running away from."
"Adventure mainly just traveling and see where the road ends." I say looking out the window tryin to hide the faint expression on my face.

---Mark's Point of view---
    Adventure sounded more of a cover up for something deep but I don't want to push her to tell me anything after all I've only known her for three days now and whatever she's hiding it looks like it's eating her up kind of like a cancer. She somehow reminds me of me at some point of my life that's why it pains me to see her like this and know she's running from something that's killing her.

"So what's your story Mark? Do you go around playing good Samaritan?" she asked obviously trying to change the subject.
"Now you want to hear my story huh?" I say teasingly, but if I tell her mine may e she'll trust me enough to tell me hers and I'm intrigued to find out what this beauty is hiding.
"Since we will be stuck together for some time its only right if I know who I'm stuck with, don't you agree with me?" She says, I can tell there's something she's playing at but I can't see the play.
" Well Kanzie, I'm 19 I live everywhere...."
"Relax Christopher Columbus you live everywhere?! Explain!" she interrupts
"I love adventure I travel a lot so I live everywhere there's no specific place."
"No school?"
" I was homeschooled before my parents died after that its been me myself and I, so I guess the world was my school after my parents died." If you've noticed i don't give out a lot of information about myself so this is one of those moments.
"Sorry to hear.. You know about your parents.. " I interrupt her before she can say anything else
"Its cool it was a long time ago and I think it was for the best otherwise I wouldn't have had a chance to travel and meet you."
"How charming and also that's a good way to look at it as well."

     She seems to understand me better than anyone and she doesn't even care about formalities. Maybe she's my Bonnie or my Tessa or my Elizabeth Bennett, snap out of it Mark its been two days and you're already hooked.

"How about you Mrs Darcy? What's your story?" I say trying to ease the dark cloud
"Well Mr Darcy I'm a girl of age 18 running away from my past. I don't have a mother either so there's that." I can tell talking about this is bringing her to a dark place. Not to mention SHE READS CLASSIC ENGLISH NOVELS damn I'm totally hooked.
"You can't run forever my love... I mean for a moment it feels like you are actually getting away and but in the end those demons just emerge again."
"You know I love pride and prejudice?" She says trying to change the topic
" Same ... I mean their is this thin line between love and hate."
"I love classic English Novels and Music, and I saw your books back at your house and I got to give it to you I was impressed." She says with a smile
"So music for example??..." I ask

She turns on my Bluetooth and pairs her phone to it and starts playing lucid dreams by juice wrld, it's not bad but then the song has been booming for a while so not so bad.

"It went viral so I won't stress." I say
"Really wait a minute." she says chuckling.

      Everybody heard lucid dreams so its nothing special but then she plays  nice guys always finish last by Marmar Oso damn, I'm falling, this song isn't known by most people so now I'm impressed by her taste.

Kanzie and Mark: Nice guys always finish last should have known that gave you my heart and you f**ked around and broke that (we both sing along to the stereo.)

"I love your voice it's really nice."
"Thanks. Still no stress?"
"I will give you credit on this one. I am impressed."
"Don't you think his right though?" she asks
"Huh?! Who Oso?"
"Yeah him when he said 'nice guys always finish last' do you think his right."
"Nah I think it depends who you fall for otherwise I'm a nice guy about to finish first, I hope." after that statement she gives me a weak smile.

  -----Kanzie's Point of view----
       His kind of adorable when he tries to be sweet. His funny, modest, he doesn't hold back I wonder what else he can do. I am actually loving the fact that he come along with me, maybe just maybe his my Duke or my Mr Darcy or my Clyde who knows. Yes Kanzie Mcford is falling slowly for this guy right here but I don't feel like I can bring myself love him with everything that's been going on.