three

Katherine took a sip of her coffee as Benedict couldn't take his eyes off her. If it was someone else she would freak out, but it was him. The man who drove her crazy.

"How was your day, darling?" He leaned back in his seat, smiling at her gently.

The young woman took a deep breath before speaking, she did have a long day. However, she didn't want to bore him with talking about her shitty day so she just said "It was fine... Same as usual. How about yours?" Katherine smiled and tilted her head sweetly.

Another lie, Benedict thought. We'll need to fix that sweet, filthy mouth of yours.

"My day was... A bit boring, actually." He lied, "I don't know if you like writing but I do know you like reading, but I assume you can imagine how hard it is to write when you just... Can't think of anything to write when you turn on your laptop... But I must tell you it was mainly because of you."

"Me?.." Katherine looked upset, "Because I texted you?... I'm so sorry!"

Oh, but you're so sweet, darling. So innocent.

Benedict chuckled, "No! Because I couldn't stop thinking about you."

"Aww," Katherine looked down with a big smile, biting her lip a bit.

God, no, don't do that if you don't want me to take you right here.

The young man smirked and leaned over the table, holding her small hand in his that engulfed it. Katherine was amazed by how big his hand was compared to hers, then she looked up at him but saw a red stain on his jumper. Katherine frowned a little, "Is that blood?..."

Shit, Benedict thought, he looked down at his jumper, "Oh... My nose bled before I came here, sorry..."

"No, it's fine." She smiled, "You didn't hit your nose anywhere, did you?"

Benedict blinked a few times before answering her question, she was so observant and with that beautiful smile, he wanted nothing but to kiss her. "No, thankfully. It happens from time to time. The doctor said it's nothing important, so..." He shrugged with a smile.

Katherine nodded and sipped her coffee, thinking about what to say next because of the awkward silence' presence. Then she decided to ask about his book.

"I'm not going to deny that I googled your name, but I found nothing..."

"Oh, about that... I write under a pen name."

"Oh!" Katherine raised her eyebrows in interest, "That's cool! What's your pen name?"

Benedict chuckled, "I'll tell you if..." He pretended to think, "If you let me take you out for dinner."

"Dinner?" Katherine giggled, "Deal. When?"

"I'm always free, so it's up to you."

The young woman hummed, "I'm usually free after work, and on weekends... How about tomorrow?"

You're always free because you barely see your friends. You'd rather spend time with your books or chat with your online friends, would you not, sweet girl?