five

B: I'm waiting outside. :)

K: I'll be ready in five, sorry for making you wait!!! :(

B: Don't be. I came early anyway. xx

Katherine felt her cheeks burn as she smiled, trying not to bite her lip.

She was so anxious.

What if she didn't look fancy enough? What if he wouldn't think she looks nice? Was the dress too tight? She wanted to text Samantha and ask for her opinion but for some reason, she was offline and wasn't seeing her messages. Katherine sighed and finally decided to get out of her flat.

The young woman was wearing a dark green, knee-length dress with a little bit of cleveage. Her black, not-so-high heels and little purse matched her golden, small earrings. She regretted not taking her coat with her as she opened the door, the cold wind hitting her skin and dancing through her curls.

Benedict was at a loss for words.

There he stood in his black suit, his shoes shining and eyeglasses no longer on. The man in cozy outfits was gone, and he looked so good. Katherine actually couldn't believe that she was getting to go on a date with a man like him.

He blinked a few times, looking her up and down shamelessly before clearing his throat. "Um, hi... You - wow, you look great..."

Katherine giggled, "Thank you... You don't look so bad yourself." Then she turned around to lock the door, but accidentally dropped her keys. "Shit," she internally cursed.

The young woman crouched down and as she picked up the keys, she felt Benedict's fingertips on her hand and body behind hers. "Sorry," he murmured and took his hand back, standing up.

"No, it's fine, thank you..." Katherine smiled at him and stood up as well, locking the door as she bit her lip from the inside.

She gulped and turned around to face him, then he offered her his arm and Katherine took it, letting out a breath as she did. They both had a small smile on their faces as they walked, but Benedict was also trying not to have a boner and scare her off. She looked gorgeous and when she crouched down to pick up her keys... He tried so hard not to just break the damn door and push her inside to take her right against the wall. However, he had to be a gentleman, so he tried to focus on anything but her body, though even the smile on her red lips could turn him on.

Once they got closer to Benedict's car, he unlocked it and Katherine took it as her cue to let go of his hand. The writer opened the door for her with a charming smile.

Katherine got into his white Mustang, fastening her seatbelt and feeling like she's in a Lana Del Rey song; going on a date with a bad, bad man. She giggled quietly at how silly that sounded. The man was a writer.

"Am I missing something, Miss?" Benedict grinned and got into the drivers seat, fastening his seatbelt. "No, no it's just..." She bit her lip, "Love, please, don't make me come in my pants..." Benedict thought, unable to take his eyes off her lips. Katherine looked down and shook her head as she smiled again, "I like your car. I would have a Mustang if I ever had a car."

"Oh," He raised his eyebrows and smiled. Do you, now? Why didn't I know about that?

"Yep..." Katherine giggled again, making Benedict giggle too. "Well, I'm glad you liked her." He gripped the steering wheel and started the engine, making the car purr.

"How was your day, darling?" Benedict politely asked. The young woman looked out the window both to think of what to say and hide her crimsoned cheeks. She regretted not putting on some foundation.

"Good... Weird, in a way, because my boss went missing. I mean, the principal." She shrugged.

"Oh..." He frowned, "Well, I hope he is okay."

"I don't," Katherine blurted out, then sat up, "I mean, he was an asshole... But yeah, he has children and growing up without your parents sucks, so..."

Benedict was really confused now. If your parents are not alive... Who are those people that you visit every three months?

"I'm so sorry..." He said sympathetically.

Shs shrugged and smiled a bit, "It's fine... Enough about my day, how was yours?"

"Well, I worked for a few hours, then did some gardening* which took a few more hours, and when I checked my watch it was almost the time to pick you up." He smiled at her, taking his eyes off the road as they approached a red light.

"You have a garden?" The young woman asked in interest.

"Yeah. You should come and say hello to my tomatoes some day."

"I would have loved to, but I don't get on well with tomatoes. Do you happen to have any cucumbers, Mr Cumberbatch?" She smirked, making him chuckle. "Oh, please... Yes, yes I do have cucumbers." One in my pants as well, actually. Would you like to take a bite?

Katherine chuckled, "Sorry, I couldn't help it..."

The writer pulled over and grinned, "It's okay, I'm used to it." Then he got out of the car and opened the door for her, closing it after she got out too. He gave the keys to the valet and smiled at him, then offered Katherine his arm again, which she took happily as they walked into the restaurant.

For some reason, she was feeling much more comfortable now after all those laughs they shared. And it was just the beginning.