The Beginning

Bold = Authors Note/Opening Sequence/Place
'Italic' = Thoughts
Normal Italic = Emphasis
Underlined = POV Change

(Y/n) = Your Name
(M/n) = Middle Name
(L/n) = Last Name
(N/n) = Nick Name
(D/h) = Dominant hand
(N/d/h) = Non-Dominant Hand
(E/c) = Eye Color
(S/k) = Skin Color
(H/c) = Hair Color
(H/l) = hair length
(F/c) = Favorite Color(s)
(F/f) = Favorite food
(F/r) = Favorite Restaurant
(F/s/a) = Favorite Stuffed Animal
(S/a/n) = Stuffed Animal's Name ^^
(F/o) = Favorite Outfit
(B/m) = Birth Month
(B/d) = Birth Day
(F/b) = Favorite Band (or artist)
(F/s) = Favorite Song
(D/n) = Dad's Name
(D/h/c) = Dad's Hair Color
(D/e/c) = Dad's Eye Color
(M/n) = Mom's Name
(M/h/c) = Mom's Hair Color
(M/e/c) = Mom's Eye Color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I didn't think everything would happen so quickly.... I never knew that my life would change so quickly. You're probably wondering who I am. Listen to my story, and you'll find out soon enough."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kunar Province, Afghanistan

3rd POV
Three military vehicles drove down the dusty road as the last one had "Back In Black" by AC/DC playing. In that last vehicle, there were two soldiers in the front seat, one solder in the back left seat, and one (S/c) woman with (h/c) hair in the back right seat, holding a glass of (f/d). She had on a white shirt, and a black suit and pants with a black tie. (Y/n)'s not really fond of dresses. Oh, she was also wearing her favorite sunglasses. They were patterned with (f/c) and gold marble-like swirls.

She looked around.

"I feel like you're driving me to a court-martial. This is crazy. What did I do? I feel like you're gonna pull over and snuff me. What, you're not allowed to talk? Hey, Forrest!" She spoke as she looked over to the soldier beside her.

"We can talk, ma'am." He replied.

"Oh, I see. So, it's personal?" (Y/n) asked.

"No, you intimidate them." The soldier, who was driving, spoke.

"Good god, you're a woman. I honestly- I couldn't have called that. I mean, I'd apologize, but isn't that what we're going for here? I thought of you as a soldier first." (Y/n) complimented.

"I'm an airman." She corrected.

"Wow! That's amazing! Girl power! Gimme some!" (Y/n) leaned forward into the front two seats and held her hand out. The airman smiled before giving her a low-five. (Y/n) leaned back into her seat with a smile.

The soldier in the front right seat turned around. "Ma'am, I have a question to ask."

"Yes, please." (Y/n) said as she took a sip from her drink.

"Is it true you went 12 for 12 with last year's Maxim cover models?" He asked.

"That is an excellent question." She took off her sunglasses. "Yes and no. March and I had a scheduling conflict, but fortunately, the Christmas cover was twins. Anything else?"

The soldier next to her raised his hand.

"You're kidding me with the hand up, right?"

"Is it cool if I take a picture with you?" He asked.

"Yes. It's very cool."

He smiled as he reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a camera. He handed it to the guy in the front seat and the two leaned together for the photo. The cameraman was having a little trouble, though.