Chapter Four

A blur of colors flew past me at each change of music

A blur of colors flew past me at each change of music. My eyes never stayed on my partner for long, just about the same amount of time they danced with me. 

My eyes were glued to the sight outside the windows until a flash of apple-red and charcoal came into view. Before I could react they grabbed one of my hands and pulled me in close by my waist

"Watch where your-"

"I apologize, I'm here to get you out of here."

I blinked a little before dipping my head down to try to get a look at the hooded person's face. My jaw dropped. "You're that guy...V something."

They frowned, pulling their hood back a little to show some of their face. "Cousin, but he's the reason why I'm here." They dropped the hood back over their face.

After I had gotten a better look at them their skin was a little lighter than his and they had a more defined body, structure-wise. Their cousin seemed to have a baby face similar to mine but I was in the middle. 

"Well, what's your plan?" I mumbled darting my eyes around to see if anyone heard us. "You got a plan right?"

Before I could get an answer the music shifted to another. I felt myself wither as they pulled away. They bowed and displayed a little smirk before vanishing into the crowd of people. Another person waltzed up to me but I ducked under her arm before she could grab my hand. I hurried into the crowd, ignoring the lady shouting after me.

I pushed past dancing pairs or groups and hopped around to look over people's shoulders to try to find the hooded figure but there was no use. I turned around sighing and was met with Garland's piercing eyes. I shuttered a little and took some steps back, but her hands grasped mine pulling me in before forcing me to dance with her. 

"You can't just leave your people at the dance floor." She smiled at bystanders as they passed before and  

"I had to use the bathroom," I mumbled looking past her shoulder. Her hands gripped onto mine tightly, causing me to face her with a glare.

"You're really tempting me to get rid of you and say you ran away." 

We spun in a few circles before I realized we were in a hall out of the way of the event. 

"You can't use the stairs you did before to get here. Go down the hall until you get to the end and go to the right. Keep going up the stairs until you find a three-way hall." She pushed me back from her. "One hall should have a painting of your mother, that's how you'll know you're close to your room."

"Thanks, I guess."

She clenched the sides of her dress, lifting it up a little and bowed when a pair danced a little too close to where we were. "Don't think of running away, someone will come to check up on you very soon. And you don't want that someone to be me."