Chapter Seven

"Stop staring," Joaquin muttered, giving my shoulder a squeeze before giving the lady near us a bright smile

"Stop staring," Joaquin muttered, giving my shoulder a squeeze before giving the lady near us a bright smile. "Good morning, hope you're enjoying the breeze."

"Definitely." She stretched giving me a grand view of her armpit hair.

I felt my face twist up before earning a hard smack on my back. I shrieked causing the lady to jump.

Joaquin's smile grew wider. "Sorry, he must have seen one of those crazy birds." 

Right after his excuse, I was led away from the people before he gave me a stern look.

"Why are you making such a face at your people?"

My face felt like it was burning once again, but for a different reason from before. "I well...she has hair-"

His eyebrow went up. "Do you not have armpit hair?"

"I do?" I blinked at him.

"Then what is the problem? Because obviously, it seems to not concern you that you have hair in that particular area yourself." 

Our worlds are pretty different. Most women I know don't have hair there. And my reaction was fucked up… It looked gross and weird on her but not me? I guess Joaquin has a point, though it made me feel very stupid and put me on the spot. 

"I guess there's no problem. Just I'm not used to it, I'm sorry." My hands found the pockets on my pants and hid inside.

"Don't apologize to me. That woman is the one who deserves an apology. You also need to think more about your behavior and actions. Do they align with the person you need and should be?" With that Joaquin tugged at his vest and went back toward the people.

I watched him for a while before following close behind with a grumble. Joaquin glanced my way before giving me a small smile, one someone would give a child.

I had a feeling this wouldn't be the last time Joaquin would scold me. And I think I'd rather Garland get onto me than Joaquin. With him, it seems I actually did something wrong. It's like getting in trouble by your favorite laid-back teacher. 

"Why are we even at the beach right now?" I asked once we were walking side by side.

"Well, we have no festival right now. And I think meeting some of the townsfolk while they are relaxed would be good. They are more than just their work or schooling."

I glanced around again but averted my eyes back to him once catching the sight of a lady's chest.

"Stop staring down, look at their faces." He shook his head at me. "I think you're just being perverted now."

"N-no, I'm sorry." I muttered walking some steps ahead of him. "Anyway, I'm still confused why I have to be here."

Joaquin sighed as he tugged me back gently. "You need to know how things are here and not behave like the way you are now or something similar when you're met with something different."