Chapter 57 (Year 5)

Draco's POV

After being dragged out to see Hagrid by Harry, Ron, and Hermione, we finally all walked into the common room.

"You guys should get some sleep," Hermione said. I nodded stiffly as she walked upstairs. Ron and Harry turned to walk to our dorm.

"Aren't you coming?" Harry asked.

"In a bit," I said, trying to smile.

"You alright Draco?" Ron asked, and I nodded.

"Yup, peachy," I said. They both shared a look but decided against saying anything before walking upstairs.

"Don't stay too late," Harry said, and I nodded, taking off my jacket, scarf, and gloves, before sinking into the chair closet to the fire.

She blamed me, of course! Theodora can be so stubborn!

I thought angrily, before an idea popped into my head, and I ran upstairs to my dorm. The boys were still dressed, but I only spared them one glance before pulling out a box from under my bed and taking it downstairs.

Blaise had given me firewhiskey a couple of days ago when he had too many bottles to spare. At the time, I hesitantly took it, but right now I was thankful I had.

I opened the bottle and took a small swig of it. It burned my throat just like the last time I had drunk it, but I couldn't help not loving it.

I glanced at the fire, sipping on some here and there, when I heard footsteps come down from the girl's dormitory. Katie Bell smiled at me as she sat down.

"Ruff night?" She asked, and I shrugged.

"You know how that game went. Just thought some firewhiskey would be good right about now." I lied, as she nodded.

"Well, if you're having some, then could I?" she asked, and I shrugged and nodded. Bell, who I noticed didn't whip the bottle before drinking it, sipped a large part.

"Well, don't hog it." I laughed, trying to take it back, and she giggled loudly.

"Sh! Or you'll wake everyone up," I whispered, and Bell beamed at me.

"Don't worry, it's just us." Bell laughed, putting a reassuring hand on my arm.

"You know, I was have thought you were very cute." She said as she ran her hand up and down my arm. I cleared my throat, pulling my arm away, and decided to sit on the ground instead.

"Oh, thanks."

"No problem. Shame you still don't have a girlfriend?" She asked. Whenever someone asked me this, I hated answering it.

"There's someone in the picture," I said,

"Oh, but nothing serious."

"Well, I'm hoping it will be soon," I answered, and she nodded, before sliding down and sitting next to me.

"Well, if it's not now, then you can't blame me for doing this." She giggled before cupping my face and kissing me.

"What the hell are you doing!" I yelled, pushing her away and standing up.

"I'm sorry, I thought you would be okay with it."

"No! Not at all! I've never... thought of you like that!" I said, and she nodded, tears visible in her eyes.

"You should just go," I said, pointing to the girl's dorms, and she nodded.

"Yes, yes... see you at practice," Bell mumbled before she ran upstairs.

Bell never even said anything before-I can't believe this.

I thought, before taking out my wand and magically sealing the firewhiskey before walking upstairs.

---

The next day, Dora's eyes were puffy and red as we sat at breakfast, as she poked at her food.

"Draco! Are you listening?" Hermione said, but my head hurt too much to think, from the firewhiskey.

"Sorry, sorry." I huffed, laying my head on the table as she kept talking about something in the

I rested my eyes and tried to sleep. I wanted to ask Blaise for a hangover potion, but I didn't think he would give me any if Dora told him anything about our fight.

That stupid fight.

How would I tell her that Bell kissed me? She'll be so angry. I messed up if only I didn't stay in that common room! If only I didn't drink that firewhiskey. It would have been so much easier.

"Draco, are you alright?" Hermione asked, putting her hand on my head to feel my temperature.

"Yes, yes. I'm alright, just have a headache." I answered, yawning.

---

"Draco," Dora said, two days after our fight. She walked up to me as I exited the bathroom. I pretended to be angry as I stormed off. I didn't have the heart to tell her just yet.

"Draco, please listen to me." She yelled out, and I shook my head.

"Draco!"

"No!"

"Please, come on!"

"Not just yet, Theodora," I answered, trying to sound angry, but I was just guilty.

She sniffled loudly before walking away.

---

"That foul, lying, twisting old gargoyle!" stormed Hermione half an hour later, as they made their way back up to the castle through the channels they had made earlier in the snow, after a class with Hagrid and Umbridge.

"You see what she's up to? It's her thing about half-breeds all over again - she's trying to make out Hagrid's some kind of dimwitted troll, just because he had a giantess for a mother - and oh, it's not fair, that wasn't a bad lesson at all - I mean, all right, if it had been Blast-Ended Skrewts again, but Thestrals are fine - in fact, for Hagrid, they're really good!"

"Umbridge said they're dangerous," I said, as I watched the other students walking inside Hogwarts, probably all warm and cozy by now, as I was freezing.

"Well, it's like Hagrid said. They can look after themselves," Hermione said impatiently.

"And I suppose a teacher like Grubbly-Plank wouldn't usually show them to us before NEWT level, but, well, they are very interesting, aren't they? The way some people can see them and some can't! I wish I could."

"Do you?" Harry asked, quietly.

"Oh, Harry - I'm sorry - no, of course, I don't - that was a really stupid thing to say," Hermione said, looking horror-struck and guilty. Harry looked away, shrugged.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." He said, quickly. "I'm surprised so many people could see them. Three in a class -" Ron said, but was cut off by Dora as she walked over to us. Wearing our Weasley is our king badges. I never noticed that before she didn't until our fight, that is.

"Yeah, Weasley, we were just wondering? D'you reckon if you saw someone snuff it, you'd be able to see the Quaffle better?" She asked, sneering at him. Ron's ears went red.

"Just ignore her," Hermione whispered, as we made our way up to the castle.