Chapter 58 (Year 5)

Theodora's POV-

We sat in professor Umbridge's class. I could feel Draco's gaze on me, but I chose to ignore him, staring at my book that I really had no interest in reading. Pansy, who was on my left, slid a piece of parchment over to me.

Please talk with him, look how sad he looks.

I shook my head, and she signed before Daphne, who was on my right, slid another piece of parchment to me.

He's been bothering us for ages. Just talk to him.

I shook my head, and they both rolled their eyes as the bell rang. I threw all my things in my bag.

"I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be done in a second." I told my friends, and they nodded as we parted ways. I put my bag on the ground and took out a comb. My hair had been bothering me all morning, and I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Dora," Draco said, making me jump, before turning around, clutching my heart. Draco chuckled, stepping out of the shadow.

"Oh, it's just you," I said, breathing out relieved, before turning around, and started trying to fix my hair.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Well, I don't want to talk to you." I spat, glaring at him through the mirror.

"But Dora I'm sorry." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"When I was sorry, you refused to talk to me, even look at me for that matter," I muttered, and he looked defeated.

"I-, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, I said that too. But you still ran first chance you got."

"But now I'm sorry, please." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I muttered, pulling my hair into a ponytail before picking up my bag.

"Listen Dora. I wasn't angry anymore about what you said, and I swear! I swear I am so sorry, but you see something happened, and I was too ashamed to see you again." He stammered as I tried to leave. I ignored him, trying to pass, when he grabbed me by both arms and pinned me to the wall.

I gasped, surprised, as he glared down at me.

"Listen. I tried to be nice but listen. I was ashamed, because... because someone kissed me, and I didn't know how to tell you, but I'm telling you now because I want us back together again. And I know you want us together again, Pansy and Daphne both told me!" He yelled, and my angry scowl turned into a sad, shocked expression.

"Someone kissed you?"

"Yes," He said, tightening the grip on my arm as it hurt him even to think about it.

"Did... did you kiss them back?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"No, of course not. I pushed them away the second they did."

"Who did it?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does! Now, who did?" I snapped, smacking him on the chest. He signed.

It better not be Angelina.

"Katie Bell."

It would have been better if it were Angelina.

I thought as I stared down at Draco's chest, instead. If it was Angelina, I could have told him, I told you so. I could have told him I knew it was her, and that she shouldn't be trusted.

"I swear, I did push her away. I'm sorry."

"I just need a couple of days, Draco," I said, blinking a couple of times so I could hide my tears.

"That's fine." He said, his voice stiff and sounding a little hurt.

---

"What's wrong?" Daphne asked, standing up as I entered her dorm, where Pansy was. They both sat up, noticing my red eyes and saddened expression.

"I-well..." I tried, whipping a tear.

"What? What is it?" Pansy asked.

"Draco-he-he," I said.

"Cheated! I! Give me my wand. I'll hex him right now. Where is it?" Pansy yelled, standing up and searching for it.

"No, no. It wasn't his fault exactly." I said, between sobs.

"Then what is it?" Daphne asked, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Katie Bell, she kissed him."

"WHAT!" they yelled, and Pansy stood up again, looking for her wand.

"I'll hex her."

"Did he kiss her back?" Daphne asked, and I shook my head.

"No, he said he pushed her away the second she did it. But I can't forgive him just yet, I just can't." I said, and they both nodded.

"At least he didn't kiss her back," Daphne said, and I nodded, more tears starting to fall out of my eyes.

---

"Did you guys hear what happened to that Gryffindor girl, Katie Bell?" Theo asked as we sat down in the common room two weeks later.

"What?" I asked as Blaise tried to braid Pansy's hair, but failing miserably.

"Well, someone sent her a really bad hex. Her face is covered in these ugly green zits."

"What? Who would do that?" I asked, as Pansy and Daphne both stiffened up.

"No clue," Pansy said, lifting up the daily prophet to cover her face.

"What a horrible thing to do," Daphne said, before downing her drink.

---

The next morning, at breakfast, my parents owl dropped a letter at my table. I ripped it open, confused. 

Dear Theodora,

We are sad to say that your father and I are unable to let you come back home for Christmas, so we'd both like  you to stay with our friend from the summer. No you can not fight your way through this, and I know that you had a fight with Draco, but it's necessary. 

Love, 

Mum and Dad.