Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

One week later

Austin's POV
Today is the day, I've finally decided to talk to my dad. I thought a lot about what Umaira said, and I'm gonna give it a try to see how things go.

"Hey mum, have you by any chance seen dad around?", I asked. But honestly I was feeling very nervous.

"Oh honey, he left the house about an hour ago",  Great, just great.

"Ok I'll be off then",

"Honey, please I think you should give your dad a chance, I mean...he's really trying to show you that he's changed now, please."

"I'll think about it", and with that I left the house.

At school...

Before I went to class, I saw Umaira and her friends. I greeted them all and gave Khaleel a bro hug. A few days ago, when I was going to greet Umaira and Firdaus with a hug, they explained that I can't since I'm their non-mahram. And I totally respect that.

"So are you guys going for the carnival?", Khaleel asked.

I'm definitely not missing this, but sadly Umaira and Firdaus had to disagree.

"Come on guys, it's gonna be fun, at least it's better than sitting on a chair all day, and I know Umaira would have so much fun spending time with me", I said.

"Haha, you wish", Umaira scoffed. For a moment she looked kinda distant and it worried me.

"Hey,you ok?"

"Umm...yeah" Ok now I know there's definitely something wrong.

"Austin please can I talk to you...alone", we excused ourselves from the others, and walked towards our classroom.

"So, how did things go with your dad"

"Well, when I got home he was already gone, which wasn't really surprising because he's really good at disappearing"

"Did your mom say anything?"

"Yeah, she told me to give him a chance but I said I'd think about it"

Umaira stopped in her tracks and faced me, "Look if you need a serious conversation I'm just a phone call away", she said annoyed.

"That was so cheesy, but thank you", I chuckled.

We continued our way to class and I asked Umaira if I could give her a ride again,but sadly she declined. Well this is gonna be a loooong day.

Next day

Umaira's POV

My head ached from yesterday's test. I wanted to sleep some more but I knew it wasn't possible because we had to go to school.

I woke up earlier because I was going to spend some time with Firdaus and I wanted Umair to drop me at the cafe close to our school. I wore a white sweater with a cyan mom jeans with a white hijab and black sneakers.

We arrived at the cafe within 20 minutes, and luckily for me, Firdaus was already there. It was a very popular cafe and I wasn't surprised. It had this very calm atmosphere filled with tones of beige and green and it smelt like chocolate and coffee.

Then a guy with jet black hair and hazel eyes came over towards our table.

"Hello ladies, how may I help you?", He spoke eloquently while smiling. He wore a barista attire with a black apron around his slim waist. His white shirt sleeves were rolled up a bit to his elbow.