Dreams

You woke up in a strange place. It looked just like your circus but the colors were all strange and it made you feel loopy. The sky was an unnatural dark purple and the sand had turned red. You looked around and saw flying magic trick props. There were tornado's of colored handkerchiefs, dark storm clouds raining coins that disappeared right before they hit the ground, and decks of cards shuffling themselves. You walk through the chaos looking for something familiar, like maybe Popee or Kedamono, bit they were no where to be found. It looked like you were the only living thing in this dream world until you saw him. The man in the sun hat. He was standing, facing away from you, in the middle of a whirlwind of playing cards. You run towards him and dive through the wall of cards, to realize it wasn't normal. They sliced and scraped your skin as they hit you and you were pushed to the side. You crawled onto your elbows and looked up. You had made it through and you were laying on the ground next to the man. You looked up at him and he looked down at you with the same look. He knelt down and grabbed your arm. It was covered in cuts from where the cards had sliced your skin, and your purple and white striped sleeves were tearing and numerous places. He slowly moved his hand over the cuts and they were gone. There wasn't even a scar or anything. Once he had finished getting rid of all of them, he waved his hand and the whirlwind came crashing down. The cards all fluttered to the ground where they therefore lay undisturbed. You stand up and look at the man and for a second you lock eyes. "W-Who are you?" You say, not breaking eye contact. He says nothing, but reaches into a hidden pocket on his suit and pulls out a card. He then jumps big into the air and lands on the roof of the large preforming stage. He smiles at you and waves, then seems to almost glide away. You look at the card. It's one of the playing cards. You flip it over and on the other side it says "Wandering performer: 'Papi'" You pocket the card. "Papi? Hm." You say to yourself. Suddenly you look off into the distance to see a huge, giant wave of red stand. Your eyes widen and you start to panic. You start running as fast as you can to get away from it, but as you turn your head to look back it comes crashing down right on top of you. Everything goes quiet and dark as you start to suffocate under the deep layer of heavy sand.