Amazing or Stupid?

The ride from the building to the train station is short and takes little time. George had never been in a car before, hell, he'd barely ever rode in a wagon. Those were things only the higher districts and the Capitol could afford, so although he was only in it for a very little time, it was already the beginning of the show that was the lavish Capitol lifestyle he would love over the next few weeks before the games.

He had been right not to cry, the train station they arrived at was full of cameras, desperate to get a photo of the districts new tributes; the boy who condemned himself to death for his sister.

His partner however had left the building sobbing, but at least looked a bit more composed as they stepped onto the platform. He wondered if that was her strategy, to pretend to be weak, an easy target before showing her true colours in the games.

It was something that had been done a few years before, a boy called Bad from District 6. He had been a Capitol favourite, all sweet and friendly. All he had to do was hide and wait till a majority of the tributes were killed off before he made his move. By that time everyone in the games had put him off as not dangerous, an easy target. Oh how he'd proved them wrong. And, then, like the flip of a switch, he went back to his energetic friendly persona after he'd won.

The Capitol had drunk it right up.

But then again there was the off chance she was purely doing it because she couldn't do anything else. For George the chances of being picked  had been a very prevailing reality in his life. To others like the mayor's daughter for example, the reaping was simply a boring day to get done and over with fast.

Something you'd never expect to be in. Yet here they both were.

It isn't till they are actually on the train that George let himself properly introduce himself and talk to the other tribute; they are both stood at the window of the train as they watch the only home they had ever known shrink in front of their eyes.

George holds his tears in.

Karina does not.

"I can't decide if what you did was amazing or stupid." She declared, wiping her eyes with her hand before turning to face George. Her hair was short, cut just above shoulder length: long enough to tie back but short enough that it would take little to keep care of it. To George it looked a sludgy dark yellow colour, something the brunette had learned to be an 'orangish' colour - by bad descriptions and comparisons from Sapnap - so he assumed it was ginger.

He'd never really understood what was particularly wrong with his eyes. He had thought it was completely normal when he was younger until Sapnap had realised what George was describing to him was bland in comparison to what the other saw. Sapnap had originally through the older was pulling his leg at first before realising he was completely serious.

A few people in the school thought he was a freak when they had found out. Of course it was never that good when it came to hunting things, that with the 'brown' coat of deers practically blending with the 'green' of the forests.

His friend said it was just what made him an even better hunter. That he could distinguish between those colours that seemed oh so similar in comparison. It was extremely helpful however when they hunted the few flloginshnok birds in the forest; Capitol genetically engineered birds that were a dark blue colour, something made to entertain till they all broke free and integrated into other wild bird populations. He could see those easy as pie.

"Probably a bit of both." George replied shaking the thoughts of his friend out of his head before turning to her slightly. She was, to the males slight annoyance, at least half a head taller then him. But to be honest Minx towered over him too, so it seemed like it would be a common factor in what would be his last days alive.