How funny

Just quickly want to say I'm back at school now so don't have as much time to write so updates will be a bit more hit and miss :) otherwise, enjooooy 

At some point in the night he had pulled himself out of the shower, skin near scalded and wrinkled and had clambered under the sheets of the bed.

He was woken up by the grey light that streamed through his unclosed curtains and the steady knocking of Minx on his door.

"George?" She called, not ceasing her knocking.

He wondered what the hell went through that woman's head, what thoughts fill her waking hours, what dreams came to her at night. He had an inkling of a thought he was better off not knowing.

"Yes?" He half shouted back, rubbing the sleep out of his bleary eyes. To say he had slept bad was an understatement.

"Up up up! Big day today! The others are already in the dining area."

And with that the sound of her heels against the train floor indicated to the male that she had left once more, leaving George to pull himself out of bed in his own time. Everything was slightly dizzying as he sat up, still rubbing his eyes as if it would do anything to bring his brain more into the now.

His clothes he had placed on the bed had been long ago thrown into the floor as he climbed into bed in the night, their fabric crumbled and creased. He had ignored all the fancy night gowns and things when he had slept, instead sleeping in his underwear and he did it again as he got dressed, choosing the familiarity of home over the Capitol fashion.

When he, eventually, reached the dining car, it seemed Minx hadn't been lying when she said everyone was already there. Even Schlatt was sat down and George could - so far - see no alcohol in the table.

"Sit down! Sit down!" Their mentor said as George stood awkwardly in front of the table, his face was  red and puffy - a consequence from the pervious days indulgences. Taking his seat Georg looked up to see Karina looking up at him thankfully, almost as if his presence had saved her from being witness to an awkward conversation between the two adults. Even having only really being with the adults for under a day now, the two were already extremely confused about their relationship: half the time Minx was shouting and swearing at him and other times they seemed like good friends... or something more. Anyways, that was the last of their worries.

"Eat up George, you three have much to discuss." Minx declared, taking a bite of her own food as an enormous platter of food is placed in front of the brunette. Eggs, ham, piles of fried potatoes, a bowl of exotic fruits and a basket of rolls that would be enough to keep a family of four fed for a week. As well as that there was an elegant glass of orange juice - or at least he thinks its orange juice, George had only ever had it once, many years ago on New Years day their father had bought some for a special treat - and along with that there were cups of coffee, and some brown stuff he'd never seen before.

"Apparently is called hot chocolate." Karina explained, leaning over and whispering in his ear, hugging her own glass to her chest. "It's actually really nice."

George nodded hesitantly before picking up the cup of the liquid that had been placed in front of him. Karina was right, it was really nice, it had a smooth creamy texture and was extremely rich. It was then, watching Schlatt break into another roll, that he realises how hungry he was and he soon begins digging in as well, cautious not to eat too much and throw up as Karina undoubtedly did yesterday, a lesson she had learned from by the amount she had chosen to eat this morning.

"So," George cleared his throat as he finished eating, looking over to Schlatt, "you're supposed to give us advice."

"I am." The mentor replied bluntly. The two waited for a moment before realising his answer would not be elaborated any more then that, Minx sighing in despair beside him.