Chapter 6: True Eternal Rivals

"Speech"

"Internal thought"

Hokage's Office

"Interesting, impressive indeed, so it was all Naruto's doing then?" Asked Huruzen. "

Yes sir, who knew the boy was this well adept" said Kakashi with genuine surprise.

"Certainly not the academy system that cataloged his stats" Huruzen replied with a chuckle.

"So this will be your first genin team then? Are you up for it Kakashi? You must be more than their sensei and a mentor to the last Uchiha."

"Sasuke may be a higher flight risk but it would be foolish to say we have nothing to fear with Naruto either."

"Eventually, I'll have Jiraiya return as soon as possible so he can teach him to control the fox's power.

"But for the time being you must guide all three into being progressive and productive konoha shinobi."

"Understood Sir"

"Dismissed!"

In the Woods by Naruto's Apartment

Bruised with a few cuts and scrapes and panting, Sasuke stood across from Naruto in a similar state, albeit, to a lesser extent.

Sasuke was sending him a death glare with his 2 and 1 tomoe Sharingan blazing.

Suddenly Naruto spoke, " What's with that look?"

"J-ju-st shut up" he huffed out with a slight hiss of anger in his voice.

Naruto could hear the frustration in his tone, he knew that feeling all too well.

He continued "I don't get it, normally your calm and controlled, what happened to Mr. Perfect?"

Sasuke didn't answer

"Then there's that look in your eye, even though I can tell it's not really meant for me, it's not the first time you've given me that look."

"Is little Sasuke mad that he's not winning as easily as he thought?"

Gritting his teeth and getting angrier by the second, Just then Sasuke's left eye suddenly developed a second tomoe.

This caught Naruto's attention, he prepared himself as he began running towards him.

Naruto created 4 clones as they all joined together in a straight line one behind the other and ran towards Sasuke. While this was going on, Sasuke watched them intently not missing a single detail.

As the first Naruto got closer he dispelled into smoke, revealing a second Naruto flying towards him similar to what they did to Kakashi earlier.

Having already seen through this beforehand with his sharingan, he was already preparing a counter.

Finishing a set of hand signs and landing on the tiger seal, Sasuke yelled

Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu

As he sent a constant stream of fire, dismantling Naruto's whole assault and colliding with the wind jutsu he ironically sent as a backup.

Both jutsu met, with the wind jutsu enhancing the fire jutsu, it was heading right for the real Naruto.

Acting quickly, he created two more clones to absorb the impact. Although the damage was greatly reduced, Naruto was still badly burned.

Sasuke fell to a knee as his reserves were pretty much running on fumes at this point.