Chapter 22

Lloyd Wilson

3 months later

3 months later..

"What the fuck Lloyd! You been saying that for the past month." I walked out of the bathroom and leaned on the door frame.

"You told me that you was handling it. You told him that you was going to get him out. You promised the girls.." Mersaydes started to yell.

Anybody could see that Huey being locked up was taking a toll on our relationship. It all happened so fast, and we couldn't stop it. One day he was home, the next we were watching them drag him to a cop car.

"I am. What you think I been doing for the past three months? Sitting on my ass? This shit ain't only bothering you." I unbuttoned my shirt and removed my tie.

"Then if you were, why is he not home? If you need help from another lawyer, let me get one."  She continued. "You just got him sitting there, waiting on you and you getting everybody out but him. You supposed to be a family man."

She started staying over here more,cause the girls asked,well begged so she moved in, practically. "What is it to you?" I asked calmly,which I should've thought twice about, that only pissed her off more.

She scoffed, "what is it to me? Are you dumb?"

"I'm just saying." I shrugged. " You can't do nothing for him. You just here."

"I'm just here?" She crossed her arms. " Just here. Okay. Cause I been here more then you have. You been out all night supposedly working but mind you, you ain't making no progress. I been here with the girls, putting money on his books when you forget,but I'm just here?" I could hear the hurt in her voice,but right now I didn't care.  We have been arguing for the past few months. This wasn't anything new.

"Yeah my point. You're not their mom, nothing to them, and you still here." I sat down. I might've crossed the line but I'm tired of hearing her bickering.

She scoffed, "really? You didn't just say that." Mya walked in as she was putting on her shoes.

"Bedtime mama." I halted smiled at Mya,she had the build-a-bear that talked when you push the button. 'Saydez bought it so she could remember her brother, she recorded his voice. They could have conversations now.

"Yeah,here I come. Go get in the bed." She said just above a whisper. Mya exited and she grabbed her phone and purse from the bed.

"I'm sorry,I didn't mean it." I walked over to Mersaydes standing in front of her. I went to far. She was their said mother,and she was good for them.

She wouldn't look at me. I turned her face to me. She had tears in her eyes and her nose was turning red. Light skins. "I'm sorry. I'm going to get him home. I didn't mean what I said. I was just upset and I shouldn't have took that out on you."

"Yeah? Well I'm sorry too." She never made eye contact with me. She stepped around me and walked out the room.

Mersaydes Walker

It is taking everything in me not to go back in that room and shoot his ass

It is taking everything in me not to go back in that room and shoot his ass. I knew I wasn't their mom but he didn't have to throw that up in my face,mid argument at that.

I walked into Mya's room but it was empty. I walked back out towards Nani's room and the door was cracked.

"I think mama..leaving..." Mya stumbled over her words. "Dada." I walked into the room.

"Come on Mya baby. Time for bed." I held out my room.

"Why do you have on shoes? Are you leaving?" Nani asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. Your dad and I need some time apart. You have my number call me if you need anything. I'll always answer."

"Is it over my brother?" She heard the argument. "Because you're our mama."

" I walked over to her and kissed her forehead. "I know baby. Lay down and go to bed,you got school."

I walked out with Mya. "Your turn ma'am." We went into her room. I tucked her in and turned on Peppa pig, she didn't like it so I knew she would be sleep soon.

"I love you." I kissed her forehead. "Be good." She giggled.

"I love you too mama." I smiled and walked out leaving the door cracked.

I walked down the stairs. I contemplated on leaving the key,but I decided against it. What if they need me and I can't get in?

"So we breaking up? We're done?" Lloyd spoke from behind me. I turned around.

"If that's what you want Lloyd." I couldn't look at him right now. His words still heavy on my mind.

"I don't want that. I don't want you leaving. I need you here. You're the reason I haven't lost my mind. I know what I said was fucked up. I shouldn't even had thought about it."

"Right... we need some time apart,before we destroy our relationship... well what's left of it. Don't tell Huey, he doesn't need to know."

"I love you..."

That was the first official time he said it. My heart ached. I looked up at him. "Please don't make this harder for me..."

"I'm not trying to. I just thought I tell you so that you'll know. So that when it's our time again,you wouldn't second guess nothing. I think some time apart could do us well. Come here. Stop crying."

I walked towards him and gave him a hug. It was reassuring. This is what was best. I pulled away from the hug and went out the door. I got in the car as my phone ringed.

"Hello."

"I need you." Nani's voice sounded through the phone. She sniffled.

"Baby. I'll be back. It's not permanent. You'll still see me everyday. Okay.?" I told her and started the car.

"Can you stay on until I go to sleep? Then you can hang up so my alarm can sound?"

"Whatever you want baby." I exited the drive way and drove home.

10 minutes into the drive I heard her soft snores. I was going to wait a while before I hung up,so I would know that she was fully sleep. I made it home shortly after.

I texted Aj to let her know my bring me my dog in the morning. I got out and went inside. I locked the door and kicked my shoes off.

I went upstairs and flopped across the bed. I needed to get myself together. I needed to focus on expanding.  I got up and grabbed my notebook and started planing. Time flew past me and the sun was now rising.

I closed the notebook and dosed off.