Chapter V : The visit

Aisuru:"Alright,let's play the video"

A few days later

Chair. Sakayanagi:"What is it,Arisu? It's rare to see you this interested?"

Arisu:"This is an experiment to artificially create a genius, There's no way I wouldn't find it interesting"

Ike:"Were you even a child?"

Sakayanagi:"Fufufu"

Chair. Sakayanagi:"That's not a very childlike way of speaking,as usual"

Chairman Sakayanagi said while showing a perplexed smile as he picked up his daughter in his arms

Arisu POV

According to my father, anyone who went through the curriculum of this facility would, without exceptions, be educated to become someone exceptional. There's no way I wouldn't find any misgivings regarding that point.

Everyone who was watching this couldn't believe that they were watching/seeing a child's mind. They all thought that it was far too intelligent to be a child's mind but then they suddenly remembered who the child was....it was none other than the leader of class A, Sakayanagi Arisu
No wonder she's the smartest among the 1st years

Arisu:" It's just, this experiment seems to have a lot of troublesome elements to it"

Chair. Sakayanagi:"Which means?"

Arisu:"It seems to be attacked from all sides regarding the humanity of it"

Random Students:"You've got that right"

Chair. Sakayanagi:"Ha, haha..."

Arisu:"That being said, even I don't think I could artificially create a genius or anything"

The moment people are born in to this world,the moment they receive life, their potential is set in stone. The fruits of chance. Then, it will sometimes manifest in various fields. That's the contrivance of the human world. They can't do more than what is carved into their DNA.
They awaken by the blood passed on from our ancestors or by a sudden mutation. In other words,if you want to create a genius,you have to do it from the DNA stage.

Sudo:"Hey Ike,do you understand anything 'bout what Sakayanagi-san is saying?"

Ike:"Dude,I have no Idea, let's just be quite, watch the video,and pretend we understand anything"

Sudo:"Good idea"

The ones born as an ordinary person will never escape the realms of an ordinary person. No matter how blessed their environment is, if the student isn't excellent from the start, they won't become a genius. That has been my belief since I was young.

That was the conclusion from seeing my fellow classmates being given top quality education since infancy. That being said..... It isn't that straight forward that DNA alone could solve it either.

Most students were confused as they just saw Sakayanagi explaining how a genius is a genius because of their DNA, suddenly say that it isn't enough to just have superior genes

Arisu:"Even if there is anyone graduating this facility as an elite, will that truly be a fruit of this experiment?"

Chair. Sakayanagi:"What makes you think so?"

Arisu:"The children at the top just have the superior DNA,is what I think"

Chair. Sakayanagi:"I see,the curriculum these children are partaking in is quite intense. There is a chance the remaining victors were all excellent from the very beginning just like what you said. You really are just as wise as her, your personality included"