Chapter 1: Off to Hogwarts

September 1st 1970
Aurora's POV

Today's the day. The day I go to Hogwarts and I can not wait. I know I am going to be a Slytherin. Everyone in my family has been in Slytherin. I'm a Black you see. Aurora Druella Black, daughter of Druella and Cygnus Black from the Most Noble and Ancient House of Black. My older sisters are currently at Hogwarts Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa. They are the best sisters I could ever wish for.

Bellatrix is the oldest and is super overprotective of me and my sisters. She once knocked someone out for taking my ice cream and then bought me two tubs. She's amazing, she knows everything about our pure blood history and ancestry. She is currently engaged to Rodolphus Lestrange. Their wedding date has already been set for the 13th of July 1971. He's really good to her. He always defends her honour and I know he would die for her the same way I know she would kill for us. Andromeda is one of the funniest people ever. She is so smart, she was even made prefect this year and she is being given private lessons from Dumbledore himself. I am so proud of my big sister and I don't think anything could change that. Narcissa is by far the kindest and caring person. She has one of the biggest hearts. Every time one of us is ill she gets the house elves to bring soup. Although, she is trusts people very easily.

I have a rather big family, there is me and sisters, my mother and father, my aunt Walburga and my uncle Orion and there are my two cousins Sirius and Regulus, but I only see them at family gatherings, family balls or Christmas.

Anyway, we are on the train on our way to Hogwarts I'm sat in a compartment with Bella, Cissy and Rudolphus. Andie is upfront getting her prefect duties from the head girl and head boy. "Excited for Hogwarts Aurora." Rudolphus asks me "absolutely. Unlike all the other first years I know what house I am going to be in and that's clearly Slytherin." He chuckles under his breath whilst Bella looks as though she is bursting with pride. " That's my little sister."

Andie comes through from her prefect duties she has a scowl on her face. "Prefect duties are done in pairs." She mimics "what's so bad about that?" Cissy asks Andie "I have to do it with that Hufflepuff Muggleborn Ted Tonks."
"Oh. At least your a prefect." I say trying to cheer her up but failing miserably. "It doesn't matter anyway how are the wedding plans coming along." She asks Bella and Rodolphus. Rudolphus says "great but they're a nightmare to deal with." We look at him with confused expressions Bella speaks up and says "our Mothers. It's like it's their wedding and not ours." I get up and say "I should probably change into my robes." I walk along to the bathroom with my uniform in a bag when I bang straight into someone "Oh I am so sorry." I say grabbing my things from the floor. I look up to see a tall boy with Hufflepuff robes and a prefect badge "are you alright?" He asks me "Yeah. Wait are you, Ted Tonks, by any chance?" He looks at me weirdly "yeah. How did you know?" "You're a prefect with my sister Andie" I reply "who's Andie? Oh, you mean Andromeda Black. Yeah but I don't think she likes me very much." I laugh and say "she hasn't met you. Just give her a chance. She doesn't hate anyone. She told me she could never hate. The only reason she would have to not like you is if you hurt her family. My sister is probably the best person you could patrol with. She doesn't complain about blood status." He looks shocked as I walk away "why did she roll her eyes then?" I laugh and turn around "she wanted to be prefect with her friend Alice. She would have rolled her eyes at anyone else." I walk away and get changed into my robes.

As soon as I get back to the carriage "what took you so long? I was getting worried." Bella asks "I accidentally ran into someone. It was that Ted Tonks boy" Bella looks up and she looks furious "What happened? Did that Mudblood hurt you?" Cissy is checking me over whilst Rudolphus and Bella are grabbing their wands from their bags. "I'm fine and I had already tripped before I bumped into him but thanks for caring you guys."

The train jolts to a stop and I see we have arrived at a train station. "Finally we're here. The house-elves will collect our things." I jump off the train and hear "Firs' years. Firs' years over here. We'll be takin' the boats over." I make my way over and we climb onto the boats.

We approach the castle and it's even more beautiful than my sisters told me. We make our way through the corridor and up the main stairs where a stern-looking lady is waiting for us "I am Professor McGonagall. In a few moments, you will be sorted and seated with your housemates. Whilst you are at Hogwarts your houses will be like your family. Do well in classes and you will gain house points. Break rules and you will lose house points." A man comes through and whispers in her ear she turns to us and says "we are ready for you." We are escorted through the doors and lead up to the front of the great hall. I see my sisters and Rodolphus smiling at me "Now to be sorted I will place the sorting hat on your head and you will sit at your house table." She looks at her list and calls "Aurora Black." I walk up with my head held high and sit on the stool.

Ahhhhh! Another Black. A cunning and witty mind. Strong and Courageous. Loyal to your family. Very ambitious I know

Slytherin!

I knew I would be. I happily walk to the Slytherin table and sit next to Bellatrix and across from Narcissa. My Hogwarts journey has officially begun.