Chapter 5: A Christmas Ball

December 24th 1970

It's Christmas eve and tonight the Most Noble and Ancient House of Black is hosting a Christmas ball and I am getting ready for the ball. Every member of the scared 28 will be in attendance including the Notts. I better start to get ready instead of procrastinating. "Hestia." I hear a pop which tells me she has arrived "Yes Mistress Aurora. How can Hestia help Mistress." I turn to face the house elf. "I need you to get me ready Hestia. Gather my clothes and be back here in two minutes." She pops away and then pops back with my clothes I start getting dressed and slip on my corset. "Hestia, tighten my corset. It needs to be perfect." She pulls and pulls on the corset but it just won't tighten. "Hestia," I say in a warning tone "you better not be trying to make me look like a fool." She whimpers and says "no mistress. Never." She eventually tightens it and helps me put the rest of my dress on. I pull my shoes on perfect my hair and I'm ready. Bella walks into my room "Hestia leave us." I say so that she won't hear anything.

Bella walks up to me "you look stunning." I laugh and say "that stupid house-elf almost made a fool of me all because it couldn't fasten a corset." She laughs and says "you look fine and anyways I thought you may want to know that a certain second-year Slytherin has just arrived." I look at the clock and say "they're early." "Actually dear sister they are right on time. Now let's head to the top of the stairs ready to be presented." 

We make our way towards the top of the stair where Mother, Father, Andie and Cissy are waiting for us "You're late." Mother says sharply "my apologies Mother. The house-elf wasn't doing my corset right." I apologise. 

Please welcome, Lord and Lady Black. 

Mother and Father walk down the stairs as they are announced then Bella, then Andie, then Cissy and soon it is my turn. "Presenting, Lady Aurora Druella Black from The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black." The doors open and I slowly descend down the stairs as gracefully as possible. They are waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs and as the applause dies down music starts to play and the dancing starts. Rodolphus and Bella, Mother and Father. I then see Lucius ask Cissy to dance. I bet she's thrilled to have Lucius ask her to dance. She has been in love with him since her third year.

I am stood off to the side just swaying with the music. That is until someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn to see Mateo in black dress robes. I turn and hug him. "It's so great to see you." I say pulling away from the hug "how have you been?" he asks me. "Great but I've missed you so much." He laughs as he says "I saw you a week ago but it's nice to know you missed me. Anyway, would you like to dance?" He says offering me his hand I take his hand as he leads me over to the dance floor for a traditional waltz. 

As we are dancing I am looking right into his eyes. They're caramel brown with golden speckles that dance in the light which complements his skin perfectly. His hair is short and light brown and for once I can see my future aligning perfectly. I can see myself by his side for my whole life. I know that I want to spend every minute with him and I think that we will always be together. As the dance comes to an end he takes my hand kisses it and bids me a good night and I know I have found my soulmate.