Chapter 3: The Slug Club

It is half four and I need to start getting ready for the Slug Club meeting. So far I know six people who'll be there Winnie, Mateo, Rodolphus, Lucius, Narcissa and Bellatrix apparently Andie had Prefect duties tonight and his dinner parties don't end until 10 but she said she would still help us get ready for the meal. Apparently, he has invited eleven other people to this at least I know six of them. 

All of a sudden, Andie, Bella and Cissy come running in with a package neatly wrapped. Bella beckons me over to them. Curious, I walk over to see what they have. "Mother sent this for your fist Slug Club meeting." I carefully untie the silk ribbon that is keeping the box together and lift off the lid and see the most beautiful dress inside. It's made of black silk and is so soft. Cissy says "it'll grow with you. We all have one." I grab the dress put it on my bed and quickly change into it I grab a pair of black tights and pull them on. Cissy pulls me towards her dressing table "okay time to do your hair and nails." Cissy starts doing my hair whilst Andie starts painting my nails. 

It's very quiet until Trixie says "there's a letter with it. My Dearest Aurora, I have received a letter from Professor Slughorn with nothing but praise for your academics. I have also heard from your sisters you have made friends with a young Mateo Nott. I am thrilled with this and have been in frequent contact with his Mother and Father. Mateo has written so many times about you to his parents filled with nothing but how much he cares for you. I am so proud of you. Not only are you the smartest witch in your year but you have also impressed several families of the sacred 28. I have had several requests already for your hand like the Zabini's, the Rowle's and even the Notts You are a credit to The Most Noble and Ancient House Of Black. We will discuss this further at Christmas we must start early. Your Mother." 

By the time she has finished reading Cissy and Andie have finished. "That's incredible. So many people have asked for your hand isn't that great." Bella says with excitement but I'm too focused on the Mateo Nott of it all. I guess we do have an incredible bond. I mean this is how Trixie and Rodolphus started as best friends. I hope we will end up as more in the future. I really think that there is a future there. "Okay now onto makeup. A little bit of mascara and a bit of lip-gloss and you'll be ready." She does my makeup and grabs me a pair of plain black pumps for me to wear. "I'll write to mother to thank her for the dress while you get dressed," I tell them.

My Dear Mother,

I am writing to thank you for the beautiful dress you sent me for the Slug Club meeting. Hogwarts has been great and so far I am currently top of all my classes. I have made several friends among the sacred 28 and other pureblood families. How have you been doing Mother? I hope both you and Father have been doing well and I look forward to seeing you at Christmas and look forward to your next letter.

Your Daughter,

Aurora Druella Black

When I have finished writing the letter I see that they're both ready. "Andie, could you take my letter up to the Owlery please?" She laughs and says "sure." We make our way down to the common room where I see Rodolphus and Lucius waiting for us. "Finally. How long does it take for girls to get ready?" He says with Lucius nodding in agreement. When we arrive I see that Mateo and Winnie have already arrived. Slughorn sees we have arrived and ushers everyone to a circular table. I'm sat in between Narcissa who has Lucius on her other side and Bellatrix who has Rodolphus on her other side. 

LE TIME SKIP

We have bruschetta for starters and beef wellington with seasonal vegetables for our main course. We are currently having a cheesecake for pudding. As we are eating Slughorn goes around asking about our families when he eventually got around to me and my sisters "and if you don't know we have three of the Black sisters. I did invite Andromeda, do you know where she is?" he asks "she's on her prefect duties" Bella answers him. "Ah yes, Andromeda's a prefect but tell me how is your family.  I believe that your younger cousins will be joining us within the next two years." Of course, he wanted to know about our family. "Yes, but we only ever see them at family balls or family gatherings," Narcissa answers, which now that I think about it is the only time we really see our cousins. "What about your Mother and Father? How have they been?" 

I force on a smile and say "they are doing wonderfully. Father has been working very closely with the minister for magic. But my mother has been very busy though with wedding plans for Bellatrix and Rodolphus." I answer as gracefully as possible. "Oh, yes I did hear about the announcement. I am very happy for the two of you. I'm sure your families are delighted with this. Well, this is good news I should get some of my finest Mede." I stand up and say "allow me to get it for you Professor." This is the perfect time to show off the summoning charm that I perfected. "Accio Mede." The bottle comes flying straight to my hand. Slughorn looks very impressed. "That was incredible. It's a fourth-year spell if I'm not mistaken." I pass him the bottle and say "yes but it's better to learn as much as I can now and be able to perform them perfectly when it comes time to learn the spell in the fourth year." He lets out a chortle and says "spoken like a true Slytherin."

By the time it's over I am exhausted. I can't wait to go to bed and have a long night sleep. I can even have a lie-in as it's Friday. I make my way up to the dorms and collapse onto my bed from the exhausting day. I hope tomorrow is as good as today was.