Chapter 2: A Normal School Day

It's been 2 months since I started Hogwarts and in that time I have made two really good friends, Mateo Nott and Winnie Bulstrode, Bella says it's good that I have friends who are also members of the sacred 28. Winnie is really sweet. She stands up for all the first year Slytherins and first-year purebloods. She's a lot smaller than her brothers and sisters. Where they're 6 foot she's only 5 foot five and Mateo is incredible and I have a real bond with him.

Anyway, it's October 23rd and I have Potions now with Professor Slughorn. He honestly thinks I'm a genius but I know it's just because my family has strong connections and is highly influential and not because of my 'talents' like he tells people. Rodolphus says he's going to ask me to join the Slug Club.

Anyway, we arrive at the potions lab in the dungeons for potions to see Professor Slughorn waiting for us with his usual grin as he ushers us into the classroom. "right class. today we are going to be making a forgetfulness potion. You have one hour and a bar of Honeydukes chocolate will be awarded to the student who makes the most successful potion. You have an hour and a half to complete your potions and have them bottled and ready. Off you go." 

Okay, so I need Lethe River water and Valerian springs. Hang on, if I chop my Valerian springs first it means I can add them straight away. I chop them up and start to gently heat the Lethe river water for 20 seconds. I add the springs stir three times to counter clockwise and leave it to simmer for 45 minutes. Better write down in my book to chop the springs before starting with the river water. 

Fifteen minutes left for my potion to simmer I should probably start on the second part. Okay, I need 2 measures of standard ingredient and four mistletoe berries. I measure out my standard ingredient and grab the four mistletoe berries. Crush into a fine powder. I start crushing the ingredients and soon enough they are a fine powder. I take my cauldron off the heat and add two pinches of the fine powder and stir five times anti-clockwise. They're perfect. I grab a vile from the front and pour my potion in and thankfully none spills. I write my name on the bottle and place it in the centre of the desk so it doesn't fall off whilst I write my notes in my book.

Professor Slughorn then says "your time is up and it is time to test out your forgetfulness potions." One by one every potion is tested and not one fully works. "and last but not least Miss Black." He picks my potion up and tests it out. "It's perfect. I think we have a clear winner. Stay back to get your prize." 

When the class is empty because everyone has gone for lunch Slughorn hands me the bar of chocolate and says "You must attend one of my Slug club dinner parties we would be honoured to have you." I put chocolate in my pocket and say "I would be honoured to be a member of the Slug Club. When is the next meeting?" I ask him "Tomorrow at 6 pm sharp." I smile and say "I will see you there Professor. Have a nice day." As I leave I hear him say "you too Miss Black. You too."

I arrive at the great hall to see them waiting for me. I walk over and sit beside Bella and Cissy and I'm across from Andie. I notice that there is someone else is sitting with us. "Oh. I'm so sorry I never introduced myself. I'm Aurora Druella Black from The Most Noble and Ancient House Of Black" He chuckles and says "I know, your sisters have told me all about you. I am Lucius Malfoy from The Most Noble and Ancient House Of Malfoy." So this is who Cissy goes on and on about. "Oh, your Lucius Malfoy," I say gaining a look from Cissy that says don't you dare. "You know I'm no seer but I can definitely see you and my sister Narcissa getting Married and having a long and happy marriage and a son." Narcissa blushes as she says "Rory" in embarrassment but Lucius just smiles lightly. 

"I won the Potions competition but I don't like dark chocolate so you can have it, Andie. Anyway, Professor Slughorn asked me to join the Slug Club after class." Rodolphus join us and says "Well at least it'll be more interesting. They're usually a bore isn't that right Lucius." Lucius looks at me and says "it really depends on when it is. The annual Christmas party is usually a lot of fun. You can even take a date." I grab a sandwich and say "sounds fun." 

 I turn to Andie who's reading a book on Ancient Runes "Andie how are your prefect patrols?" She looks up from the book she's been reading and says "surprisingly well. I get my patrols done and I'm not bored." I'm confused "what do you mean?" She looks at me closing her book. "Well doing it with someone else means I have someone to talk to that's all." I'm slightly suspicious of this but I ignore these suspicions. I'll leave it alone for now but I can't make any promises if anything happens.

You know, ever since she has become a prefect and started doing patrols it's like she's an entirely different person. She doesn't sound like herself. For starters, I saw her wearing a muggle top with a hood. Andromeda used to hate anything to do with muggles. She's even told me about these movie things called Star Wars. I don't understand it. Why is she changing? Why has she become a sudden muggle lover? I don't know what to do. Do I tell Mother and Father or not. What if they disown her? If I tell them she'll be in huge trouble but if I don't and they find out anyway and find out I didn't tell them I would be in as much trouble. I'll talk to Narcissa about it and hope she is understanding.