Chapter 33

"I'm sorry" right after Bert apologized he cut his own throat. Elmer wasn't looking but when he heard something fall he glanced back to find Bert on the ground with blood coming out of his neck. Elmer first felt frozen in one place watching as Bert's life slipped by, this was what he wanted, he wanted Bert to kill himself, he wanted him dead, this is what he wanted but why was he crying, why was he wishing Bert didn't actually do it.

Why was he regretting everything he said, he shouldn't be feeling like this, he should be feeling relieved and happy not scared for Bert's life.

Before he knew it he was running over wrapping his hands over Bert's neck trying to stop him from bleeding, he didn't know what he was doing if he was chocking him in his conquest to stop him from bleeding "Please, please, please, please don't leave me" William cried doing his best to stop the bleeding, he pulled off his waist coat pressing it on Bert's neck trying to save his life. Bert's bloody hand moved to his.

"It's...fi-ne" Bert's chocked out, he was dying, he was going to leave him.

"Don't say anything, please why did you do it" Elmer wanted him to do it, he thought he wanted him to do it. He thought he wanted to see his blood flow on the carpet but no, he didn't want this, he didn't want Bert to die. He has never wished him death, everything he said was all because of anger, he doesn't want this. He got up running to the door, his hands coated with Bert's blood and without thinking he started calling for help, he needed someone to come help Bert before he dies. He would rather see Bert with Ernest than see him dead, he doesn't know if he can handle that, he can't "Somebody help" he yelled out his eyes moving back to Bert, the guards were the first to arrive, he pointed towards Bert who was on the floor chocking

Elmer ran over to him again, Elmer didn't notice the guards shocked not moving, his attention was still on Bert "It's going to be fine, someone is going to help you, it's going to be fine. I love you so much, don't leave me okay, keep breathing, my love ple-"

"What is going on here?" Ernest's voice sounded and Elmer stiffened when he realised he didn't have a mask on. He had to brace himself for what's coming, right now he knew he had just exposed himself out of his desperation. He hesitantly moved out of the way stepping back, Ernest's eyes were wide as he saw Elmer but he wasn't as shocked as he was to see Bert on the floor bleeding out "Bert" Ernest ran over to him, forgetting all about Elmer, he forgot that he even saw him, the person who was supposed to be dead "Someone come save him" Ernest yelled, not knowing where to begin from, Bert was bleeding a lot "Call Proteus, I need Proteus right Now" Ernest ordered.

"Keep breathing, Keep breathing, don't stop" Ernest tried breathing in and out trying to help Bert out instead Bert's eyes were on Elmer, Ernest glance up to find Elmer still standing there looking at his Bert "Cuff him and make sure every guard is on alert don't let him escape like last time am I clear" Ernest made sure his voice was heard by everyone. Elmer didn't bother to resist, his eyes were on Bert having only one wish to see Bert fine, he didn't mean what he said, he didn't want him dead. The guards moved towards him cuffing this hands in front of him then pulled him out of the room before he could find out if Bert was going to be fine or not

Ernest stared at the knife that had Bert's blood and he promised himself that he was going to make Elmer pay for every single drop. Ernest took his focus back on Bert, the situation scaring him and this time he was going to finish Elmer off. Last time he was trying to steal Bert from him, now he has just tried to murder him, no one touches his soon to be husband ever and Elmer will soon find out who he is. Ernest's eyes landed on the mask next to Bert, it was the same mask William wears around "What the......?" He felt the words in him get stuck, he wanted to murder someone. Was Elmer acting as William all along, was he living in his castle this entire time, Ernest clenched his jaw hard

It didn't take long for Proteus to walk in with Layla right behind him. He walked over to the other side of Bert, he pushed his shirt up to his elbows before resting both his hands right above Bert's neck after taking away the coat that was on Bert's neck. Ernest doesn't know what Proteus said but a green light appeared from his finger tips going right into Bert and soon Bert started closing his eyes "What is happening?" Ernest asked pushing Bert's hair back hoping he isn't dead, the moving of Bert's chest calmed him down but he needed to know if he was going to be fine.

"It will take time for him to fully recover, I covered the wound and the great thing it wasn't deep" Proteus replied, feeling dizzy and weak as he sat down holding his head, Layla gave him some water, a healing spell is always so strong. Ernest pulled Bert's head up grabbing a pillow laying it down under his head.

"Get me some water and a clothe" Ernest ordered, he needs to clean all the blood off of Bert.

"What happened to him?"

"That murderer came back and tried to kill him too" Ernest replied getting back in his foul mood, his mood worsened when king Charles showed up showing his saddened face, Ernest looked at him. He was getting to get to the bottom of this, everyone involved was going to pay

How can king Charles bring a murderer into his castle

****

The rumours have already circulated all around the castle if not the entire kingdom about Elmer's return. The man who had ended their king's life was back in the castle and in custody after his attempt to finish Bert off. Everyone was saddened by Bert's condition and they wished him a quick recovery most especially to their king who has to deal with the same person that killed his father wanting to kill the love of his life

People wanted blood, they wanted to make Elmer pay for what he has done to the kingdom. He was a murderer who didn't deserve to live that protests were already in place, many waiting for him to get executed without being given a plea, everyone knew his crimes and there was no risking just in case he escapes just like last time.

As many were all about getting Elmer killed, many trying to plot ways to finish him, the guards keeping an eye on him like a hawk, some were terrified and those being king Charles and his men. Elmer being captured was not in their favour, this gets them in a tight spot with Ernest yet they needed him, they had to find a way to get out of this situation where they are going to be suspected that they indeed brought Elmer into the castle, they needed a plan right away to cover all of this up.

They needed to avoid any involvement with Elmer "I can go and kill him before he starts talking" Ebron suggested, he somehow knew Elmer will one day get them into a situation just like they are in right now, he knew they shouldn't have saved him in the first place.

"We can't risk that, he has so many guards surrounding him. Trying something now only puts us in a tight spot" King Charles sat down as he pulled off his mask trying to think. He should have known than save Elmer in the first place, they should have not involved him in any of their plans. It was a good thing he didn't know any of their plans but they are in a tight spot since he has been playing as his son, now he needs to get out of this, he needs Ernest on his side and to do that he needs to wipe out any evidence that involved him with Elmer.

Ernest doesn't want anyone messing with Bert and this, what Elmer did only places them in that spot. They didn't know Elmer had it in him to try and kill Bert after literally saving him hours earlier. Right now it didn't matter what Elmer can or can't do, they need to get back on Ernest's good side if they want their plans to work.

The needed a plan to wipe all of this away

Author's note

Elmer has been discovered, how is he going to o get out of this one

What is king Charles and Ebron's plan.

Comment your thoughts and vote

Love y