Chapter 21

As soon as Bert was brought out everyone knew right away that Ernest was playing dirty. Using someone Elmer cared about as leverage, they all didn't know what to add to that. The entire Felstead has been struck by shock now they didn't know what to believe, their king seemed to be the perfect innocent, loving and caring king but now they no longer knew how to look at him

Right now most were seeing the new side of Ernest. Their family members have been disappearing, the bodies that appeared are always in pieces it was hard to identify any of them. They all thought an animal had attacked, a bane only for it to be their king. Most now weren't into the right anymore and some silently wished for Ernest's death. The arena was quieter than it was before, everyone holding their breath as the fight finally begun.

Atlas was losing it to the side lines, his brother's situation made him tear up and if Willy didn't hold him tight he would have lost it right now "Don't worry, Elmer will save him" Willy did his best to comfort the Greene, the care that was in his voice shocked even him. He shouldn't be comforting a Greene much less care that one has been taken to such fate for the second time and if the first time was bad this was terrible.

"Please gods save them both" Era knew it was the only thing she had left right now. The gods had to help them and help Elmer win this fight or they are all dead. Her eyes moved back to Elmer who was dodging Ernest's swords moving back, she yelped when a sword cut Elmer's thigh "gods please save my brother.....my brother Elmer" she added quick, they were both her brothers but she wanted Elmer to survive. To her she wanted Ernest to survive too and pay for his crimes but for now it was more important for Elmer to survive.

"See your pathetic man get butchered by my king" Samuel whispered pulling Bert's head up, he was disoriented. He could see but though his sight was blurry, he was scared that Elmer might get killed in the fight and he could do absolutely nothing, he had no power and with each passing minute he felt his life slip away "Why would you choose the brother that is nothing and leave my king" Samuel sneered before letting go of Bert's head who groaned trying to focus and bring his magic out

His father said it can't be drained, it had to be there but no matter how much he tried nothing happened and he continued hurting himself in the process 'I'm sorry Elmer, I'm so sorry" he thought feeling so apologetic for getting them into this situation, if he hadn't let himself get captured Elmer wouldn't be in there fighting for their lives.

He lifted his head towards him and through his blurry vision he managed to see Elmer cut Ernest's cheek making him stagger back only for the cheek to get back together like nothing happened. Bert didn't doubt Elmer for a second but he knew one thing. As long as he was still captured Ernest was willing to play dirty just to get his way and kill Elmer. There has to be a reason why Ernest brought him here, he was being used to destruct Elmer. Bert felt anger in his body for being so weak in a moment like this, the moment where Elmer needs him the most.

Elmer rolled in the sand avoiding the sword right before kicking Ernest's legs sending him to the ground before swiping his sword cutting Ernest's shoulder blade. He knew he had to do constant cuts but Ernest didn't give him time as he slapped him straight in the chest throwing him in the distance. He didn't waste any time getting up again, this was about killing Ernest and he was not going to stay down until Ernest is down.

Ernest stalked towards him, Elmer jumped and with the use of the back of his sword he managed to blind Ernest for a second as he turned his swords around cutting Ernest's neck then pushed the sword into his stomach so deep it came out from the back. He pulled his sword out before kicking Ernest onto the ground.

He got right on top of him to push his sword into Ernest's heart when Samuel caught his eye. He had his claws right on Bert's neck, he was absolutely not shocked that Ernest turned Samuel into a bane but the fact that he was threatening to kill Bert. Elmer felt the hold on his sword loosen when Samuel pushed the claws in.....his focus came back to Ernest when a sword was pushed into his side. The second he used to look at Bert was enough to help Ernest heal his wounds and attack again. An elbow connected with Elmer's nose making him fall to the ground.

Elmer moved his eyes back to Bert and he was still alive, Samuel no longer had his claws in his neck and that kind of relieved him a bit even if he didn't know how he was going to focus on killing Ernest with Samuel threatening to end Bert

Ernest stalked towards him with red eyes and he was about to lodge his sword into Elmer chest but he managed to move out of the way as he got up hissing in pain, the more he moved the more he felt like his insides might explode. He wasn't quick enough when Ernest kicked his chin throwing him back onto his knees before another kick met his temple throwing him down. He was now bleeding everywhere, his nose broken, his lip bursted his temple was pounding

But none of that was keeping him down, as soon as he looked at his opponent he tried to get up again when Ernest kicked his stomach making him cough out blood "Stay down you pathetic loser" Ernest seethed turning around to pick up his sword, that was Elmer's chance, he moved his hand pushing Ernest on the ground getting on top filling him with his punches until Ernest managed to push him off.

He was quick picking up one of Ernest's sword bringing it down on him but Ernest held the sword with his two hands. It cut his hands but he didn't once loosen his grip because if he did it was going straight into his heart. He finally managed to lift his legs off of the ground using them as momentum to push Elmer off of him creating distance between them. He breathed in hard waiting for his hands to heal as he watched Elmer struggle to get up his hand on his wound as he picked up another sword with his blood filled hands.

Ernest too got up picking up a sword his palms not long away from healing themselves "When are you going to give up?" Ernest asked circling Elmer who was staggering but kept his ground "You're bleeding out and ready to pass out yet here I am still as good as new"

"As long as you're still alive, I am going to make sure to end you" Elmer didn't care if they died together, as long as Ernest died. He held his sword with his two hands gritting his teeth to keep in the pain, Ernest took his stance too with an evil smirk.

"Let us see" he mumbled before attacking, Elmer side stepped now counting all the moves before cutting Ernest's thigh, when Ernest truned to cut his neck he attacked the chest cutting down onto Ernest's chest. The cut was deep enough to make Ernest stagger back in pain, Elmer then wasted no time in that moment forgetting about his pain filled body running to Ernest cutting him wherever his sword can touch. Ernest growled trying to dodge the constant cuts but Elmer was always right there.

He made the constant cuts and just like last time he managed to cut Ernest's neck, his entire skin filled with cuts that were already starting to heal. Elmer wasn't going to watch that he continued his attack, cutting Ernest's back and shoulder. The cries of pain satisfied him from every cut. Ernest growled so loud the arena shook as his growl echoed the entire place

Elmer was not going to allow himself to be destructed by anything, Ernest is good at manipulating his way out of situations. He was still attacking Ernest when another growl echoed and it didn't come from Ernest this time. Elmer turned his head to find Samuel's crawls digging right into Bert's torso right before he ripped him open.

Elmer chocked his sword falling out of his sword as he watched Bert's eyes close his body going limp right on those chains "No" Elmer whispered in disbelief, the arena was still quiet but now they were all standing watching what has taken place "No"

Elmer couldn't believe that Bert was dead

Author's note

Not very good with fights but here we go, hope you enjoyed.

Comment and vote

Love you all