Chapter 8

"Are you sure he is in there?" Elmer questioned trying to make sure, they need to know exactly where he is before they try anything.

"I told you, I am not sure. I didn't get time to check everything out when screams came from downstairs but there was a room behind the shelf plus everyone says that was the last room he was seen in, he never got out" Elmer nodded his heart thumping in fear and excitement. If Bert is really in there, how is he, is he alive, is he well or is he too late "I can sneak in again"

"And go back in that castle after what happened to you, no" Elmer was going to make sure Era never steps foot in that castle again. She was almost.... Whatever those guys were planning on doing to them just for some simple words "You have done enough, we are not putting you in any more danger. I will handle the rest, I just need to figure out how to get in without being detected"

"It will be better to sneak in when he leaves the castle" Logan suggested

"I don't think I have seen him take a trip anywhere these past few months except when he went to meet with king Anagnos....who by the way is visiting" Era added

"King Anagnos is coming in Felstead" Elmer asked, this can be his opportunity to sneak into the castle. Era nodded "When?"

"I don't know, I just over heard him tell Adler he needed Rylee awake soon so I guess it will be soon" Elmer nodded, this could help him. If Caldor is coming in then it will be his chance- "I forgot to tell you but I think I heard an animalistic voice that day but when I got close it was just him and Adler"

"Animalistic, like a growl?"

"No, words but they sounded like the were coming from an animal" Era elaborated more to make the other two men understand her, now come to think about it 'Where did that voice come from?' did they have an animal in the castle

"There is a bane in the castle" Elmer voiced out more to himself than the others "If there is a bane we need to be extra careful. They can hear from a distance, they can smell even the faintest smell, they are fast and strong" Elmer sighed, he has been living with a bane and he knows what they are capable of, if not careful they won't make it out of that castle a live

"This means I need another plan"

*****

King Anagnos received a letter from none other than Lord Moirai after being on the road for four days making his way into Felstead. He was supposed to be passing through the village of Oautrum then fall into Wix before finally reaching the Felstead castle but after that letter his course was changed from Ouatrum to Yarrow then Frey and finally to the castle.

He wasn't informed much in the letter just a few pointers about how Lord Moirai wanted to get into the castle unnoticed. After their meeting King Anagnos was left speechless, he had never heard anyone give points like that young man did and even if he had so much trust in King Ernest his trust was fully shifted to the young man he had barely known. He decided to know more about him, to know who this new Lord was and the things he found out made him believe in one thing 'Ernest was not supposed to be king'

That was enough for him to want to visit Felstead and get to see his daughter after a long time. Her daughter deserved more than what she was being given in that kingdom. As their journey continued on for days until they finally entered Felstead, they passed through Ouatrum, they didn't have to stop but the welcome they received was nice. When they passed through Yarrow the treatment was the same, they also didn't have to stop as Lord Moirai just told them to pass through, no stopping or anything.

King Anagnos didn't know if he had gotten a chance to get on or not they just continued with their journey until the finally reached the castle, all the servants out to welcome them, king Ernest standing right in front of them all with a welcoming smile on his face. King Anagnos had a weird feeling about the smile, he used to trust all of those smiles but now they all just seemed like they were hiding something. The carriage parked, his guards opened the door as he got out with his fur coat that brought in so much warmth to his body.

After getting used to covering up in his kingdom with all the cold, this warm air feels like it is burning his skin. His eyes scanned the smiling crowd not spotting his daughter 'Wasn't she happy I was visiting?' he questioned in his head. The last time he spoke to his daughter she didn't seem happy and at that moment he only cared about what he was getting from the alliance and not her daughter.

"Welcome to Felstead" Ernest greeted "Long time since you have granted us with your visit"

"The warm air terrifies me" Anagnos joked pointing up to the clear blue skies. Ernest gave a laugh giving the man a firm hand shake.

"That is why our clothes are not as thick as yours" Ernest replied back pointing at the thick cloak "Let us get inside before this sun burns you down" king Anagnos agreed to that as they started making their way into the castle with his guards and Ernest's guards following up closely with the servants carrying his luggage.

They were catching up as kings who have an alliance usually do with King Anagnos trying his best to not search for Lord Moirai to see if he made it or not. They got inside the servants taking his fur coat off of his armour "My servants will lead you to your chambers where you will be able to freshen up and take a nap in a real bed after all those days on the road"

"I would like to see my daughter first, I noticed she wasn't around to welcome me" King Anagnos turned down the offer, his heart screaming to his daughter

"I didn't want to throw this on you like this but....." Ernest sighed his face sad "Let me take you to her" He pointed and they both led the way to the royal chambers, king Anagnos wanting to ask what that meant. Did something happen to his daughter, he started questioning his life decisions on his daughter,  he regrets handing him over. The door was opened by a servant before the two walked in. King Anagnos walked closer to his pale daughter with a white clothe wrapped around her head.

He lifted his head in a silent question asking what happened to her "She was taking a bath when she when she slipped and hit her head, she hasn't woken up since" Ernest got closer too holding her forehead "We are giving her the best care so that she can come back to us" The king wanted to believe those words as hard as he could, his eyes on her sleeping daughter "I will give you two some time" he got up walking out with his servants right behind him.

King Anagnos remained with his servants all eyes on the princess. King Anagnos looked at her daughter and he knew he didn't want to leave his daughter with King Ernest, he was going back with her.

*******

"Breathe" Kyson said with a chuckle amused by the man who was panicking out of his mind.

"What if we get caught?" Logan asked doing his best to catch his breath that was coming in short "He will kill us in a very bad way and......oh gods help me" he bent down trying his best to breath in hard. Kyson pulled him up his hands on his shoulders.

"Look into my eyes" Kyson instructed, Logan did glancing at the man's brown eyes "Now breath in" Logan breathes in "Then out" and he followed the instructions now feeling something different from what he was feeling earlier. He was definitely not panicking but rather something entirely different was passing through his body "We are here to get Proteus and Lyra, we are not going to get caught" He flashed him a smile that made Logan forget how to breath again "Now come and help me"

Logan nodded averting his eyes feeling his face turn red for some unknown reasons "When will we know it is time?"

"I have this telepathic thing with Lord Moirai, I will know"

"You do?" Logan asked shocked squatting down next to the other man who laughed hard making Logan's face turn red just thinking the man's smile was attractive.

"It was a joke" Kyson corrected with a shake of his head "That is not true by the way, no one has that telepathic power"

"I thought you were the first man to have one" Kyson laughed again tapping Logan's back.

"You're funny, we should hang out more after all of this is done" Kyson said seriously his eyes on the stone wall "First let us make sure we don't blow this and get beheaded" Kyson saw Logan get scared again "I didn't mean we are going to get killed, calm down. It's all going to work out well. If we stick to the plan"

Deep inside he really hoped everything went as planned