Chapter Two (1): Hurray, it's a Sunday.

WANDA MAXIMOFF was not new to crippling pain, if anything, she was more new to receiving lesser pain. So when she woke up for the first time in years, and for a whole 10 minutes and 24 seconds, she felt alleviated from the discomforts, achings and other painful symptoms, or at least a great majority of it...

She thought she died

No, she didn’t. Well, yes - she did think she died, but she hadn’t. Pietro had found her painkillers and had gently fed them to her. He was under the illusion that she had been taking her meds.

News alert; No, she wasn’t.

Wanda saw no reason to take pills every day. First of all, they tasted awful - like, whatever they put to numb the pain. She was sure she could just do it with her own mind, cause they made the pill taste like a rotten egg in a moldy sock and it only offered about 10 to 15 minutes of a lesser pain and unless she drank drinkable water which was scarce in her secluded room - then the taste stayed in her mouth for 20 to 25 minutes, which was a clear unfair ratio so whenever Pietro gave her the pills, Wanda would use her abilities to coat the pill so that when she put it into her mouth. She wouldn’t taste a thing at all and she could throw it away once he left.

Apparently, hiding the pills under the first secret compartment in her drawers wasn’t such a good idea as she thought since Pietro found them so fast. It’s only been, what? 3 years since she started hiding them.

She thought she would at least make it to 5 years, what with Pietro’s schedule. Then again, she was meant to be awake when he arrived to prevent these exact same situations. Thankfully, he brought actual filtered and fresh water. The water brought to her everyday was unfiltered water, filled with minerals with less than desirable taste and oddly enough, a small bit of alcohol which was not something she wanted.

She was sure the maids always drank alcohol from her glass and just filled her glass with tap water so they would arrive on time to leave the tray in front of her door.

She didn’t really care too much though, it helped deal with the pain to always be slightly intoxicated and it helped her slowly build up her tolerance for alcohol without getting her hooked on the taste. She didn’t want to be alcoholic but she didn’t want to be a lightweight either. She’d heard that lightweights were looked down upon.

It’s not like she expected the whole ‘tolerance for alcohol’ to go somewhere, she couldn’t even leave her room for long but… she had always secretly hoped, she would get to drink a little with her brother even if it was just one time, drink with someone she cared for, someone that was present-- which, right now, was only Pietro.

Building a tolerance for alcohol, all sorts of types of alcohol, was great for her because if she wanted to drink with Pietro, she would need a big tolerance. His super speed and his exceptional metabolism which burned through most alcohols he drank made it particularly difficult for him to get drunk

Course she never said anything about her small dream to drink with Pietro, just once, just to feel like she was normal - because it felt like a silly dream compared to what others would be hoping for in her position. Somewhat childish, actually. And she didn’t want Pietro to laugh at her, he most likely wouldn’t but Wanda was still afraid that he would.

Overthinking for the win. Hurray!

And that led to more overthinking and self-guilt while she was on that topic of drinking, because she was doubting Pietro and Pietro was just too great of a guy to be doubted. So she was being a big asshole right now, and he wouldn’t know and he would just smile at her like nothing was wrong when everything was wrong. Especially with her, which just increased the guilt because he would hate it if he knew that she was thinking such thoughts, but then again, most of the things she thought, mostly about herself, were true. She was an asshole and she was guilty and she was too self deprecating even though she knew Pietro wouldn't have liked it-- And soon, she was spiraling downwards with guilt and self hatred in her own mind.