Chapter Four (2): Act 1, Killer, meet Monster

Summary:

Natasha learns more about the Maximoff's and meets the twin herself. You know who she also meets? Monica Rambeau and Bobbi Morse.

Notes:

Warning from the Author: I totally forgot what the plot of the chapter was halfway through writing this and had to steer myself back on track so it's a longer and more fleshed out chapter. It took detours to get to the meeting. Anyway, I also do not edit much. I am too impatient to edit, but I actually did edit, so yay to me. This chapter has been cut so it's not as long of a wait, and uhm, second part is coming up soon. Also, I wanted to shorten it cause it was getting pretty long.

I have also changed some things in the earlier chapters, and so on.

First, Instead of Kitty and the others knowing Pietro's real name, he also took an alias 'Mateo', it's an alias that Pietro canonically took. Mateo Maximoff, but I also did change that and let them take on the alias of Mateo and Andy Frank, but their surnames haven't been mentioned up to now.

Also, yes. The math would suggest that it's been only 7 years since Lorna was kidnapped, yes or even 8 if we were reaching - but I have noticed that I made a mistake as I typed and I wrote that her curse started appearing after Lorna was kidnapped. It had in fact, appeared before. So she would have started to stop appearing to noble society even before that, little by little to hide the mark starting to show on her ankle. So let's say, that's somewhat a guaranteed 8 years.

2 years are still missing, yes, I know - and that's when I also realized I suck at math and their ages are all wrong if it had been 10 years.

Anyway, point is I also changed their ages. Lorna is 18, Peter is - yes, I know that canonically in X-Men, he is older than Lorna, but f that. I don't care, he's gonna be younger than Lorna - 16 years old. Pietro is 21 years old and 12 minutes, Wanda is 21 years old.

Cool? Sorry for the info overload. Happy reading!

NATASHA ROMANOFF woke up after dreaming of the Red Room, of ballerinas and guns and little girls lined up like soldiers. Of Ms. B and watching Dottie, Anya, Yulia and Mara dance and move like little soldiers, with never changing faces. Masks. Watched them watch little girls, and cry in sync and stop when told to, watched others do the same thing and go through what she herself would go through a few years later.

She heard scuffling and the spy in her kicked into action, she heard footsteps get far closer than she liked to where she was sleeping, her hand went under the pillow and she pulled the knife that she hid out, with the intent to kill flooding her mind before any other sense of rationality came in.

She sat up abruptly, knife aimed towards whoever had gotten closer to her while she was sleeping. A grunt slipped past her lips when she felt herself yank the cuff that was connected to the bed, she looked at who she had aimed her knife at - Kitty - and turned back to her hand once she had decided that Kitty wasn't a danger to her, in fact, it was more like she was a danger to Kitty considering she just pulled a knife on her when Kitty was trying to wake her.

Assuming that's what Kitty was trying to do.

She sat back down, and leaned closer to the metal headboard.

"The key is in my drawer, can you get it for me?" Natasha asked casually, ready to ignore whatever question Kitty would ask - and of course she would ask something. Natasha just pulled a knife on her and only stopped from killing - or at best, only injuring - her because the cuff had pulled her back down before she could cause any damage.

To her surprise, Kitty only took a few moments, nodded and silently started to search her drawers for the key that Natasha had spoken of, after a few minutes, of silence filled only with the slowly irritating sound of items moving around again and again - it became clear that Kitty wasn't going to find it anytime soon.