Chapter Five

Not edited, sorry for any typos/mistakes

***

"you tried to be happy but, in the end, i failed to realize that"

Jeongguk stares at the door with a frown on his face, his lips slightly swollen due to how much he's been biting them for the past few minutes. Loud voices are coming from the other side, which makes his anxiety level raise to the point he starts pacing around the room.

He's on the verge of starting to bit his fingernails as well when the door finally opens with a loud thud. When Jeongguk hastily turns around, a sigh falls past his lips at the sight of his manager.

Namjoon rolls his eyes, then closes the door behind him. "Yeah, nice to see you as well."

"Sorry, " is all Jeongguk says before he flops onto the far too comfortable couch which is seated in the corner of the room. "you know how I get before events."

"Yea, you become an ass which is surprisingly strange."

Namjoon walks towards the couch as well but, as usual, he doesn't take a seat next to Jeongguk. Instead, he crouches down, then hands the writer a packet of honey.

"To calm your nerves." He mumbles, making a smile appear on Jeongguk's face.

Namjoon always makes sure to take care of him — he had seen Jeongguk during his weakest moments, had seen his panic attacks happen right before huge events as well. He had learned during the years that few things could help ease Jeongguk's anxiety.

Honey was one of those things. Eating it somehow made Jeongguk feel calmer, more at peace, even if he never understood why.

Jeongguk takes the packet in between his fingers, slowly ripping it open and taking a gulp of the honey. Silence envelopes them as he finishes the little packet and, once he's finally done with it, Jeongguk lets out a content sigh.

"Thank you." He says as he raises from the couch, popping his shoulder blades and doing a few stretches, his muscles ripping underneath his skin as his bones crack loudly. "I should hit the gym soon. I haven't been there in two weeks."

"You've been busy." Is all Namjoon says as he takes the book from the desk in the corner, opening it to the first page. "You have a special day coming. Publishing your fifth book at such a young age is an achievement worth a few days away from the gym."

Jeongguk's lips lift at that. Namjoon for sure knows how to make him happy.

"I guess it is. Now, let's go. The reporters are waiting and I want to finish as fast as possible."

He walks towards the door but, before he can open it, Namjoon stops him, his hand pressed on it.

"You seem quite eager to finish. Why is that?"

The writer knows Namjoon is his friend as well, not only his manager, but he doesn't feel quite ready to tell him that the reason of his eagerness is the fact that Taehyung will be waiting for him after the press conference.

They're going to have dinner. After that night in the park, merely two days have passed since then, Jeongguk had messaged Taehyung and asked him out on a date, which the latter had accepted.

To say that he was eager was a misunderstanding.

With a sly smile on his face, Jeongguk harshly opens the door.

"I am a busy man, Namjoon. You're the one who said that."

All he gets in return is a loud sigh from his manager before his ears are enveloped by the loud cheers and voices of the reporters outside the room.