Chap 29

POV Ha-Neul

I open the door using the key that I had kept and I go inside then I close the door. I hear the TV being on but no other noise and no sign of a human being. I walk towards the living room and I begin to feel a heavy presence and a gaze that is on me. I feel someone approaching me from behind and I turn around and see New with a gun pointed at me. I raise my arms up high as a sign of innocence. I knew I was going to find him here.

Ha-Neul: I would have preferred another warmer welcome than this one.

New: What are you doing here?

Ha-Neul: Am I no longer welcome to your place?

New: You have to be with your husband.

Ha-Neul: He works so I decided to come visit you. Am I not allowed Mr. Chanhee?

New: Ha-Neul our relationship ended a few weeks ago, you have to understand that. We can't come back together.

Ha-Neul: But I know, I'm fine with Jimin and I don't want to come back with you.

New: If you try to make me jealous, it doesn't work. We are not the same, we are not made for each other. Drop it.

Ha-Neul: Yet it lasted for 3 years. We look a lot alike. We are the same. Your place is in prison and mine too.

New: What do you mean? 

Ha-Neul: I freed you from one of your enemies. Thanks to me you are not dead. Do you know that yesterday you were going to die?

New: I don't understand what you mean to me. Who is this enemy and how did you manage to save me?

Ha-Neul: It makes sense I killed him. Think a bit.

New: What is this bullshit again?

Ha-Neul: I killed Pedro and one of his men. Now it's Gabriel who has the power. I didn't enjoy the Bahamas much because of you.

New: How come? I can't believe you.

Ha-Neul: Because of you I became a murderer, because of you I was shot in the shoulder, because of you I was going to die, because of you Jimin was going to die too! Because of you I got my hands dirty! Can't you thank me?

New: You couldn't have done that.

Ha-Neul: And yet it is.

New: But...

Ha-Neul: Why won't I kill you too so that I'm no longer in danger and so I won't have to kill someone a second time?

New: What are you saying? Stop your comedy, it's not funny!

Ha-Neul: Do you think I'm kidding? I'll prove to you that I'm not kidding. I said, approaching him dangerously with a sadistic smile, in order to scare him.

New: Ha-Neul stay in your place, don't add a step! He said, pointing his gun at me.

Ha-Neul: You believe me now?

New: Ha-Neul! 

Ha-Neul: What?! Are you gonna kill me? Did you quickly forget the three years we lived together? I loved you asshole and you didn't. I could never have killed you. You are just a selfish person.