Eight

A lot has happen the past few weeks . Beth had got badly ill . Y/n couldn't go see her because she would catch the disease so she spent most her time at home or with Amy at her aunts . Her aunts showed a liking to them both .

One day marmee sent for us and said we could come back . But that meant Beth didn't make it or she made it . Y/n was nervous to step in the house . When she did she saw Bth playing the piano mr.Lawrence got her . She ran to Beth and hugged her .

Then a few more weeks has past . Y/n had developed huge feeling for Laurie because they spent almost every evening talking .

Mr.Brooke asked Megs hand in marriage . Meg was very excited but jo she didn't want any of her sister to leave .

It is now the one day before the wedding . Y/n was at the marches helping planing for the wedding . So was Laurie . This was the night she was going to tell Laurie how she felt .

"oh my . The flowers are gorgeous" Amy said .
"You are going to look so lovely meg" said y/n .
"Oh do you have to get married . we could all run away even Y/n" said jo .
"jo no i want to get married y/n can you and Laurie give me some alone time with my sisters please". said meg .
"of course" they both said .

They both walked outside and sat in some chairs on the porch . It was silent until Laurie said something .

"I have to tell you something" he said .
"oh i have to tell you something as well"
"you go first"
"no no you go ahead" she said looking at him now .
"okay tomorrow i don't know when but i'm going to propose to jo" he said smiling .
Y/n felt like someone stabbed her . She sat their frozen .
"So what you think Y/n"
"Oh well i think that's just lovely" she said fake smiling .
"what was you going to tell me ?"
"oh it doesn't matter now . i have to go . bye Laurie and will you tell the others i have left ." she said leaving .
"of course" he said going in the house .

Y/n ran home fighting back her tears . She opened the door and she couldn't help but let the tears come down .

Her father was home early and saw she was crying . He went to her and hugged her .

"Father i'm going to go talk to mother" she said leaving .

Her father knew exactly where she was going . To the rose bush .

"Oh mother i was too late . He is going to asked for her hand in marriage . And all i get to do is watch . Oh why doesn't he see that i am in love with him ." she said crying now . "well there is nothing i can do now . I shall just be there to support him" she said going back in the house .