29 - Graduation

AN: Just to clear up any possible confusion, Noah is actually Noah's middle name. In this chapter and a few in the future, he will be referred to as AJ (Allen Junior) as well as Noah.

Also, I would like to add this is more of a filler chapter. I like to make my bigger chapters fall on significant numbers if I can. For instance, Chapter 30 which is gonna be a bit of a turning point for this story. Rossi (with the help of Penelope and Erin) has gotten Nora successfully through kindergarten, so it's time for a bit of a new adventure.

:::::::

"We're gonna be late!" Rossi called from the bottom of the stairs.

He'd been waiting on the girls for at least thirty minutes. Penelope and Nora had disappeared upstairs almost as soon as Penelope had arrived early that morning. Rossi shifted his stance when he finally heard someone coming down the stairs.

Penelope was the first to appear. Her arms were laden with garment bags and her purse. "Hold your horses. We still have an hour and a half."

Rossi sighed. "What if there's traffic?"

"There won't be that much traffic," Penelope stated with a shake of her head. "What's got you in such a rush?"

"I want a good parking spot," Rossi said simply, not wanting to delve further into the topic.

Penelope rolled her eyes as she readjusted the bags to avoid dropping one. "And you'll get it, but we both know this is about that blue envelope on the counter. You don't have to worry. Noah's going to love it."

Rossi glanced at the envelope in question and picked it up. "I feel like I'm overstepping."

"I don't think Strauss is going to mind," Penelope told him. "Now, Nora should be down in a minute."

Moments later, Nora skipped out of her room and down the stairs. Rossi smiled, not bothering to correct Penelope that it wasn't exactly Erin he was worried about having a problem. Not that he cared what Allen thought. But he did, however, care about the children that could get caught in the middle. "You look very pretty, Bella."

"Merci," Nora replied, doing a little twirl in her new dress that had been bought just for the day. It was actually one of two new dresses. The other in the bag Penelope had just avoided dropping.

Rossi turned to Penelope. "Are we ready to go now?"

"Yes, Mr. Impatient. I got Nora's dress and gown, extra outfits for both of us just in case, some coloring books, and snacks. Anything else?"

"And I have the card," Rossi said, holding up the blue envelope. "So I think we are good to go."

Penelope turned to Nora. "Are you ready to go, Bug?"

"Yes!"

Rossi and Penelope both grinned. "Well then, let's get this show on the road."

"You girls lead the way," Rossi said as he backtracked to grab the car keys and then followed the girls out the door. They had a long day ahead with Noah and Nora's graduation ceremonies.

:::::::

The parking lot was already starting to fill up quickly when they arrived. It took a few rounds around before Rossi managed to snag a still decent spot.

The gymnasium reflected that of the parking lot. As parents, teachers, and kids alike mingled around. Some were already seated to guarantee their preferred seats, but many were still standing, catching up with each other. Nora spotted Erin before the rest of them. "Erin!"

Erin turned around and caught the six-year-old and lifted her up, "How are you, little lady?"

"I'm good. How are you?"