3 - Shopping

AN: Sorry for the wait, but I think this chapter is worth it. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it.
:::::::
Tuesday

Rossi woke up to hear his doorbell ringing throughout the house. His first reaction was shock at the fact he slept through his alarm. His second was alarm since only a handful of people knew the code to get through his gate. Mudgie jumped up and took off to bark at the door. Rossi followed behind him at a slower pace. He was surprised to find nonother than Erin Strauss at his doorstep. "What do I pay this visit to, Erin?"

Erin stepped into the foyer as Rossi shut the door behind her. "I've never seen you take a day off let alone several weeks. I had to make sure you were still alive and well."

"Thanks for the concern, Erin. I can assure you I am alive and healthy as a horse."

"Then why the ask for personal time?" Erin asked.

He didn't get to answer as Nora shuffled into the room dragging Simba with her. Rossi wished he had a camera to capture Erin's surprised expression. "Erin, meet my granddaughter Nora. Nora, this is Erin." Nora gave her a small smile before lifting her arms up to Rossi. He picked her up. "She's a little shy."

"I see," Erin said straightening her posture. "I was unaware you had a granddaughter."

"I didn't either until yesterday," Rossi replied as he turned to walk into the kitchen. "Would you like to join us for breakfast?"

Erin followed him with a little hesitance. "I have time."

"Good," Rossi said as he set Nora down at the counter. "How do you feel about pancakes?"

Erin tentatively took a seat next to Nora at the counter. "Pancakes are fine."

Rossi started pulling out the ingredients remembering the last time he cooked breakfast for Erin. They had been different people back then and a lot had changed. It was almost surreal to see Erin outside of the BAU again.

"You like Simba?" Erin asked pointing to Nora's stuffed animal. Nora nodded. "My son liked The Lion King when he was your age."

"What time do you need to go into work, Erin?" Rossi asked.

"I have a meeting at eleven," Erin replied. "Why?"

"I was just wondering."

"Joues tu aux échecs (Do you play chess?)" Nora asked looking up at Erin.

"Oui (Yes)," Erin replied in surprise. She turned to Rossi. "French?"

"She uses mostly French. She understands English and has used a little Italian," Rossi replied. "Boards in the den if you two want to play."

Nora didn't even ask before jumping down off the stool and taking off to the den. She only paused in the doorway to make sure Erin was following her. Erin got up and followed her. "She's really good!" Rossi called after them.

:::::::

"So how many games did you lose?" Rossi asked as he set the plates down in front of them.

"Two," Erin replied.

"Out of?"

"Two."

Rossi chuckled. "Told you she was good." Rossi took a seat on the other side of Nora. "Is it good?" Nora nodded as she took another bite. "Erin?"

"Good as always," Erin replied. "Thank you for breakfast, Dave."

"It was nothing," Rossi said taking a bite of his own breakfast.