Amralime - 1 (Thorin)

(𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓮𝔃𝓮)

-

Thorin Oakenshield, prince of the dwarves. He isn't even crowned as king yet his people are still faithful to him that Y/N, would hate to admit, have the smallest admiration to their trait . Unfortunately, a High Noldor elleth such as herself has been chosen to come with the unruly company that consisted of mainly dwarves and strangely enough, a hobbit since Gandalf thought that their odds of reaching their destination would be elevated if a much wiser being than those of the company would join them. However, Thorin was the least one to be elated with having an elf around reason being that he wasn't quite fond of them and he wasn't exactly the one to keep quiet about it. Ever since they started their journey, Thorin had been doing everything to distance himself from the feisty elleth who had also done nothing but take jabs and subtly insult the dwarf to get on his nerves as well as to lighten up the gloomy bunch Gandalf dare call "company". Nightfall was upon them and so Thorin declared that they would stop and make camp for the night . 

Y/N instantly volunteered to patrol for the night as Gandalf, the dwarves and halfling slept, mostly because she was more capable of doing so although the dwarves (not including Thorin) and even the hobbit had offered to take her place but she declined, moreso that she could gloat at how well she could hold herself unlike the dwarves who immediately slept as soon as they found place to camp. Pride was always something that all elves had in common it would seem. The Noldor elleth scanned the area with a watchful stare, her magnified senses sank deep within the forest and saw every tree that stood, the bright and vibrant moon, the dancing of the branches and heard the sounds of the earth as well as the whisper of the cold wind. Y/N rested her head backwards onto the bark of the tree and shut her eyes momentarily when she suddenly felt a movement near her and so she quickly sat up, skimming the forest once again and unexpectedly saw Thorin looking down at the elf who narrowed her eyes and slumped back onto the tree, picking up a random rock and tossed it onto the air, catching it gracefully onto her hands and did the same again. 

"I'm not really fond of elves." Thorin gruffly said and the elleth raised a perfectly shaped brow and laughed which weirdly enough sounded like soft bells to the dwarf who spared occasional glances at the High Noldor elf,

"So I've heard and I am not particularly fond of your kind either. Too rowdy and obstreperous."

"Why have you come? We owe no loyalty to ye." Thorin inquired, his accent thick as he looked out onto the grassy plane ahead of him. 

"Oh do not be pleased, pe-channas. I am not doing it for you, Gandalf asked for a favor and I obliged. I owe the wizard for the honorable things he had done." Y/N replied curtly, ceasing on tossing the rock as she just heard breaths from the dwarf still standing a few meters away from her and settled onto shutting her eyes for a moment as she had company who could watch the patrol for her even for just a split second. 

"Y/N" came from the dwarf prince which resulted to the elleth being caught off guard, not being able to grasp at the fact that her name rolled from the dwarf's mouth so surprisingly delightful coming from her supposed to be nemesis and at how it was actually the first time that Thorin acknowledged her by her name and not dwarf gibberish insults towards her kind and she knew how wrong this was.